User Tag List

Thread: Match Reaction v Bournemouth (home).

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another abject performance, we won (just) but again were unconvincing, which is the story of every league game so far this season, as usual Emery sticks with Xhaka, there's no hope there.

Much like last season Emery is scraping wins and in a decent position in the league more due to circumstances then his and his teams performance, Pepe still hasn't settled at all and continues to disappoint (I heard someone mention the reason Lille accepted the offer was because they didn't think he was worth that much when the sold him), it's early days but he does need to show a bit more than he has.

It's sickening to see what Klopp is doing at Liverpool, 2 CL finals in 2 seasons including winning it, challenging for the title every season and probably going to win it this season and brilliant free flowing football and quality players, then you look at Emery, granted it's only his 2nd season, but the lack of progress, direction and style is alarming, as is his inability to spot some of the obvious weak points.

Underwhelming doesn't even begin to describe how it feels.

As for Ozil, he's nowhere to be seen, clearly Emery doesn't want him around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Which is fine, but sell him then. Why keep him if you're not going to use him? Personally, I think he adds something. If Emery doesn't agree then fine, but don't have a £300k a week player sitting on the bench or, worse, not even in the squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Another abject performance, we won (just) but again were unconvincing, which is the story of every league game so far this season, as usual Emery sticks with Xhaka, there's no hope there.

Much like last season Emery is scraping wins and in a decent position in the league more due to circumstances then his and his teams performance, Pepe still hasn't settled at all and continues to disappoint (I heard someone mention the reason Lille accepted the offer was because they didn't think he was worth that much when the sold him), it's early days but he does need to show a bit more than he has.

It's sickening to see what Klopp is doing at Liverpool, 2 CL finals in 2 seasons including winning it, challenging for the title every season and probably going to win it this season and brilliant free flowing football and quality players, then you look at Emery, granted it's only his 2nd season, but the lack of progress, direction and style is alarming, as is his inability to spot some of the obvious weak points.

Underwhelming doesn't even begin to describe how it feels.

Yep I hear ya Zim.

I find it unbelievable that we are still churning out these sub par performances considering the talent we have at our disposal, especially the attacking talent.

We look no further forward than last season....and what makes it worse is that Emery has invested a fair chunk of money into the offensive side of the team and we still don't look very dynamic.

It's a major worry TBH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing is that we look so much better playing in the carabao cup and EL. Our games are fast paced filled with quick movement and an intent to always move forward. However in the PL, we absolutely suck ass! We are lethargic and have no creativity... I am literally just browsing my phone every time we play in the league. Even when we score or conceded a goal, my reaction is "Meh".
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..