User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Match Reaction v Bournemouth (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    When we got rid of Wenger, I 'thought' we would get a manager who would make sense in their way of working. I didnt think that would be too hard to ask.. unfortunately, Emery has taken a leaf out of Wengers playbook and continues with his bizarre decision making. I understand english is not his first language but this whole 5 captain BS is stupid, and then to select Ozil as one of the captains is even stupider.

Can we just ask to get a manager with a bit of common fucking sense?!
    100% agree, if Emery made logical decisions and it wasn't working, you'd have to say fair enough, but his decisions are ridiculous at times and it really reminds me of Wenger, couldn't have been that hard to find a manager with definite plan who can make sensible decisions and team selections surely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I don't know if Ozil's head isn't in the game any more and I wasn't slating Ozil under Wenger although I'll admit he seemed to be contributing less and less.
    But ultimately yes, he needs to be sold. If Emery isn't going to play him then sell him. We're currently pissing away £300k a week on a player who isn't playing. It's mental. Why didn't Emery get rid in the summer? Even let him go on a free, it's better than wasting this sort of money on wages on a player who is contributing nothing not because of poor performances but because he's not out there.
    That's how I feel, if you're not going to use him sell him, let him go on a free or failing that loan him that and cover just part of his wages at least we'd be saving money. What Emery is doing just doesn't make sense, he's here now so just stick him on the bench and bring him on when we need an option.

I think we'll struggle to sell a player with no game time in January, as clubs will surely not want to take a risk of bringing someone in who is unfit in the middle of the season, moreover clubs don't generally spend a lot in January. Our best bet of selling him is getting him to play a few games and hoping he performs in a few of them.
    Last edited by Özim; 11-10-2019 at 07:55 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck.
    I'm agreeing with Zim.
    See what you've reduced me to, Arsenal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure Emery would have pushed to get him the hell out over the summer but it obviously didn't work. He should now be accepting it and just getting on with it. In a game when we are going for a winner or behind, you don't need a player to come on and be a defensive lynch pin, you are chasing a game and need a player who might provide a moment to get back into the game. To that end leaving him out of squads as often as he is is madness. He's not even bothering to hide behind injury excuses.

I don't get a world in which Xhaka is virtually undroppable and the captain no matter what he does but Ozil can't even be on the bench for a meaningless europa league game, the stage of which we will win with our eyes closed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    100% agree, if Emery made logical decisions and it wasn't working, you'd have to say fair enough, but his decisions are ridiculous at times and it really reminds me of Wenger, couldn't have been that hard to find a manager with definite plan who can make sensible decisions and team selections surely.
    it's certainly hard to see what made him such a standout choice (according to Ivan) not least as at the time his English really was poor and I've heard he doesn't come across that much more easily in Spanish either.

it must have simply been his Europa League record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    it's certainly hard to see what made him such a standout choice (according to Ivan) not least as at the time his English really was poor and I've heard he doesn't come across that much more easily in Spanish either.

it must have simply been his Europa League record.
    Emery is a DUD IMO. They soon kicked him out of PSG, he was constantly tinkering with the team, sound familiar eh?

His Europa record with Sevilla was excellent, but that is in the past now. He was failed everywhere else since.
    Last edited by selassie; 14-10-2019 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think Emery banked on his Europa record to achieve Champions league football (that turned out well) we had 4th place in the bag but threw it away the other teams around us tried there hardest for us to do this but no...