User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Bournemouth (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I thought he covered positions really well today even though yes, he gave a few silly fouls and misplaced a few passes. I haven't checked the passing stats but despite the observation, I wouldn't be at all surprised if his passing was in the late 80's percentage wise.
    He is a copy of Denilson who provided no output. Sideways and backward passes throughout the game results in their passing stats looking like world beaters. At least Denilson wasnt having brain farts and getting red cards and giving penalties away for free.
    Last edited by fakeyank; 08-10-2019 at 07:52 PM.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    For all my criticism of Ozil, Emery has no right alienating him like this when we don't have one decent alternative to him. Emery is playing Torreira there for Christ sake, it's absolutely ridiculous and damaging to the team.
    Ozil is only an asset when we have the ball. When the opposition have it, we are instantly down to 10 men. He will not chase after any opposition player. Maybe not even for Fortnite tips
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    He is a copy of Denilson who provided no output. Sideways and backward passes throughout the game results in their passing stats looking like world beaters. At least Denilson wasnt having brain farts and getting red cards, penalties away for free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For all my criticism of Ozil, Emery has no right alienating him like this when we don't have one decent alternative to him. Emery is playing Torreira there for Christ sake, it's absolutely ridiculous and damaging to the team.
    If he thinks the team benefits he has every right to leave Ozil out. It actually encourages me that Emery has the balls to kick 'big name' players like Ozil and Mustafi to the curb, unlike Wenger who always played them just because we spent a lot of money on them.

But then again, he does that to Ozil but somehow Xhaka is undroppable and was even made captain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    He is a copy of Denilson who provided no output. Sideways and backward passes throughout the game results in their passing stats looking like world beaters. At least Denilson wasnt having brain farts and getting red cards and giving penalties away for free.
    I thought he had a decent game, but that doesn't mean I don't want him eased out.

I was basically done with him and Mustafi at by the end of the 2017/18 season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    If he thinks the team benefits he has every right to leave Ozil out. It actually encourages me that Emery has the balls to kick 'big name' players like Ozil and Mustafi to the curb, unlike Wenger who always played them just because we spent a lot of money on them.

But then again, he does that to Ozil but somehow Xhaka is undroppable and was even made captain.
    Emery’s issue with Ozil appears to be personal and not performance related. I’m not a “Ozil Fanboy”, far from it, I was calling for him to be dropped in the Wenger days. The thing is, and I say this with a lot of confidence, we are not a better team without Ozil at the moment. This team does lack a fair bit of creativity with the flat midfield line up of Xhaka, Douzi & Torreira. Ceballos who seems to be the preferred Ozil replacement isn’t up to the required standard either. Ceballos is a very good player, that isn’t in question. He does blow hot and cold though, he also doesn’t improve the team anymore so than Ozil IMO and we have him on loan too.

Ozil’s performances this season have been pretty decent TBH, it seems silly to discard him when we have much bigger issues in the team!
    Last edited by selassie; 09-10-2019 at 02:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Ozil is only an asset when we have the ball. When the opposition have it, we are instantly down to 10 men. He will not chase after any opposition player. Maybe not even for Fortnite tips
    Ozil isn’t the only one guilty of not tracking back. I do understand why Ozil isn’t picked for certain games and I do think he is stealing a living at the club on those ridiculous wages we have given him. He hasn’t at any point performed like a 350k per week player ever since he signed the ting.

If we could get rid of Ozil I’m all for it, this team does still need some kind of replacement though. Obviously not like for like, but we need a progressive and creative attacking midfield with an eye for goals and assists. Maybe Willock or Ceballos can be that player?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emery’s issue with Ozil appears to be personal and not performance related. I’m not a “Ozil Fanboy”, far from it, I was calling for him to be dropped in the Wenger days. The thing is, and I say this with a lot of confidence, we are not a better team without Ozil at the moment. This team does lack a fair bit of creativity with the flat midfield line up of Xhaka, Douzi & Torreira. Ceballos who seems to be the preferred Ozil replacement isn’t up to the required standard either. Ceballos is a very good player, that isn’t in question. He does blow hot and cold though, he also doesn’t improve the team anymore so than Ozil IMO and we have him on loan too.

Ozil’s performances this season have been pretty decent TBH, it seems silly to discard him when we have much bigger issues in the team!
    Why do you think it's personal? Bottom line is that Emery wants someone with the right defensive workrate and he knows he's not going to get that from Ozil. Whether the replacements are good enough is another issue.

Emery has said from the start that he want's the whole team to attack and defend together, from front to back. He hasn't really achieved that properly with or without Ozil, but I can see why he would leave him out of the team to try and fix that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Why do you think it's personal? Bottom line is that Emery wants someone with the right defensive workrate and he knows he's not going to get that from Ozil. Whether the replacements are good enough is another issue.

Emery has said from the start that he want's the whole team to attack and defend together, from front to back. He hasn't really achieved that properly with or without Ozil, but I can see why he would leave him out of the team to try and fix that.
    IMO there's more to it than that

Emery seems to be using Ozil as a way of showing who's boss, but he's making himself look pretty silly as his decisons to play or not play him and his public comments are totally contradictory.

one minute Ozil's not working hard enough and the next he's captaining us in the Carabao cup (and then subbed off when he was playing well)

one minute Ozil can't play away games and the next he starts against Watford.

Emery is being a total tosser tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much. He's tied himself up in knots with the whole thing. Emery might leave the club and Ozil still be here which is not totally inconceivable at this point. That will really be showing Mesut who's boss.

We get you don't like him but just sit him on the bench in most games FFS.