User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Utter s###e v Sheff united

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    It’s very easy for us to be armchair fans and slate Emery. But the facts are he is doing a rotten job and should be on his final warning now.

Defence is a mess, zero improvement since Wenger. Midfield is a mess...zero improvement since Wenger. Offensively we look disjointed. We have 3 top class attackers and can barely trouble Sheffield United.

Emery has made a complete mess of this team, he has got pretty much everything wrong.
    Spot on, for me we should replace him ASAP, not waste any more time, if we give him til the end of the season we just lose another year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, get rid now and see if Freddie or anyone else can lay some foundations moving forward.

Emery has changed precisely nothing in terms of the culture and football we play. We’re hopeless.

We tried, we failed. Time to try again and find the right man for the job. We can’t afford to let this idea of giving people time to set in again, especially for coaches with no credit in the bank.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 21-10-2019 at 11:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just gonna leave this here

Slake (@Cerebrone) Tweeted:
    Unai Emery had a team with Baraja, Silva, Mata, Joaquin and Villa but refused to try to keep the ball against NINE men. I’m not kidding. He told his players to hoof it.

They hoofed it randomly. And whenever Madrid picked up the ball, they funneled it to Robben. https://twitter.com/Cerebrone/status...212372480?s=17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Yep, get rid now and see if Freddie or anyone else can lay some foundations moving forward.

Emery has changed precisely nothing in terms of the culture and football we play. We’re hopeless.

We tried, we failed. Time to try again and find the right man for the job. We can’t afford to let this idea of giving people time to set in again, especially for coaches with no credit in the bank.
    i agree get rid of Emery, no sign of improvement. We don't have a single midfielder that seems to score goals regularly or able to run with the ball and beat players.

Get Vieira from Nice, seems to be doing a decent job and he will have credit in the bank to buy time. Hopefully he will toughen the players up too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have been terrible in the league for nearly a year now. This isn't just a blip, and the longer the manager stays in place the less likely we are to make the top 4. Raul and Edu have a big decision to make, sooner rather than later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I look at some of the players we have a lot of coaches could do so much with them, Emery doesn't know how to use them he won Ligue 1 with PSG yes (which on a par with the Scottish Premiership *sorry*) Emery needs to go now from what I read the people in charge have in it in them to be ruthless so do it we missed out on Rogers who didn't do such at bad job at Liverpool. is there anyone currently available who could take over ASAP we the fans and players need it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never thought I’d say this but Rodgers would be a decent shout! He has shown with Leicester that he knows what’s he’s doing and his teams are organised and good to watch.

Emery is clueless and a chicken. He is too negative and too scared to take the game to the opposition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emery is useless. Sometimes teams succeed inspite of the coach. This must have been the case at Sevilla. He has been a disaster everywhere since.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    We're going nowhere with Emery, we'd be better off replacing him now and giving another manager the rest of the season to get the squad in the right shape so that he's ready to go next season.

Emery based on what he's been doing doesn't deserve any more time, defensively we're shocking, we now lack creativity as well, he plays people in the wrong positions, picks players time and time again who should be dropped (Kolasinac, Sokratis, Luiz, Xhaka), there's no system and there's no improvement.

We've been awful all season in the league, even games we've won we've been average at best in, on top of that we have no creativity and yet Ozil isn't so much as on the bench.

4th place was literally handed to us on a plate last season and we blew it, it seems to be happening again and yet again it's the same old story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    It’s very easy for us to be armchair fans and slate Emery. But the facts are he is doing a rotten job and should be on his final warning now.

Defence is a mess, zero improvement since Wenger. Midfield is a mess...zero improvement since Wenger. Offensively we look disjointed. We have 3 top class attackers and can barely trouble Sheffield United.

Emery has made a complete mess of this team, he has got pretty much everything wrong.
    Good to see that after all this time you are still talking sense!

Just as deep down we knew when Wenger had become a busted flush, it is crystal clear that Emery is not right for our team - and things will not improve under him. There is no plan. There is no understanding of his team's strengths or how to get the best out of what is actually a decent bunch of players. Most importantly, Emery is a coward in times when other teams are showing what can be achieved with a positive attitude. Emery was hired to solidify the team and instill some tactical nous. He is doing the opposite. We are just as bad defensively as we were under AW - a coach who admitted that he simply allowed his players freedom to express themselves. Yet offensively, with all of the attacking talent at his disposal, our coach appears to have zero idea about how to build a platform and link our forwards with his midfield. Noone can identify what Emery is trying to achieve - and the only logical conclusion is that he does not really have a clue.

I was prepared to see what he could do with some decent signings, yet if anything he has gone backwards since this time last season. His negative and unclear mindset seems to have transmitted itself directly to the players, and while I would not say that he has lost the dressing room yet, for me the players have little or no faith in his methods.

I would be happy to see him gone.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter