User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Utter s###e v Sheff united

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i'd get rid of him now and have Freddie as caretaker manager - if nothing else he'd surely get the obvious things right like playing Tierney and dropping Xhaka, and tell the players to be more positive
    Easy thing to say.. When Emery came in place of Wenger, I thought he'd do the common sense things at a bare minimum. Look whats happened though.. Xhaka made captain, best players in positions left out of the squad and defense getting worser! I seriously thought that there was no way our defense could have gotten any worse, but voila... we are worse than ever before.

So not going to hold my breath that Freddie will do all of that..
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Easy thing to say.. When Emery came in place of Wenger, I thought he'd do the common sense things at a bare minimum. Look whats happened though.. Xhaka made captain, best players in positions left out of the squad and defense getting worser! I seriously thought that there was no way our defense could have gotten any worse, but voila... we are worse than ever before.

So not going to hold my breath that Freddie will do all of that..
    i'm not being naive about it and he may not be a good permanent choice but when he was in charge of the reserves he had Nelson, WIllock, Saka et al playing positive football and I'm sure he'd bring that through - agree we don't know what he thinks about Xhaka and maybe he'd feel obliged to deploy him at least at first, but hopefully phase him out in favour of more of his own proteges

got to be worth a spin just to move Emery on and have other potential managers knowing there's a vacancy there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Spot on, for me we should replace him ASAP, not waste any more time, if we give him til the end of the season we just lose another year.
    Yep. We are absolutely shit. Given the players we have and the money he has spent, and he has spent a lot. We kind of look worse.

We struggle in every single game with the exception of Europe and Carabao Cup. It’s not acceptable and it’s gone on too long.

He has to go now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Good to see that after all this time you are still talking sense!

Just as deep down we knew when Wenger had become a busted flush, it is crystal clear that Emery is not right for our team - and things will not improve under him. There is no plan. There is no understanding of his team's strengths or how to get the best out of what is actually a decent bunch of players. Most importantly, Emery is a coward in times when other teams are showing what can be achieved with a positive attitude. Emery was hired to solidify the team and instill some tactical nous. He is doing the opposite. We are just as bad defensively as we were under AW - a coach who admitted that he simply allowed his players freedom to express themselves. Yet offensively, with all of the attacking talent at his disposal, our coach appears to have zero idea about how to build a platform and link our forwards with his midfield. Noone can identify what Emery is trying to achieve - and the only logical conclusion is that he does not really have a clue.

I was prepared to see what he could do with some decent signings, yet if anything he has gone backwards since this time last season. His negative and unclear mindset seems to have transmitted itself directly to the players, and while I would not say that he has lost the dressing room yet, for me the players have little or no faith in his methods.

I would be happy to see him gone.
    Preach bro!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From Letters

My feeling is we wouldn't be doing much better or much worse were Wenger still here. I'm glad he's gone because it feels like we can move forward now without the weight of his legacy but Emery isn't taking us forward. Emery is easier to sack than Wenger was, I hope the board are more decisive although that should be balanced against knee-jerk reactions which we are all prone to a bit.
    I agree. Can't really see much difference in overall performances under Emery, and its the lack of any apparent plan or strategy after a season with Emery that tells us what we need to know about whether we will improve under him. At least - for better or for worse we know what AW's strategy was! The parallels with the 2 managers over the past 2 or 3 seasons are that while it was obvious that Wenger was done, it is already obvious that Emery won't get there. I'm really hoping that having seen that quality signings are making little or no difference with Emery, the board realise this and get rid without things going to complete shit...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lack of any apparent strategy is the thing I’m most disappointed about. One of Wenger’s big failings was the way he set us up the same in every game. Emery was said to be meticulous in his preparation for each game but there has been very little evidence of that. It’s still the same boring shit football we’d got so fed up of under Wenger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is exactly why I dont want Emery here anymore. No intent to be positive, boring sideways football.. fuck this shit!

https://streamable.com/q596f
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    The lack of any apparent strategy is the thing I’m most disappointed about. One of Wenger’s big failings was the way he set us up the same in every game. Emery was said to be meticulous in his preparation for each game but there has been very little evidence of that. It’s still the same boring shit football we’d got so fed up of under Wenger.
    What makes things even worse is seeing what Lampard is doing at Chelsea. It's the polar opposite to what is happening here at Arsenal under Emery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    What makes things even worse is seeing what Lampard is doing at Chelsea. It's the polar opposite to what is happening here at Arsenal under Emery.
    Frankly I didnt expect Lampard to succeed at Chelsea but credit to him for proving so many like me wrong. Looking at that model, it wouldnt hurt us to start utilizing our younger players for the rest of the season. They are much easier on the eye to watch any way! I look forward to our EL and Carabao cup matches because this group of players have so much more energy and drive to play entertaining football. I fucking hate our PL matches!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think there is two ways we will see a change in our PL games either a change in Emery's methods or a new coach.