User Tag List

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Palace (home)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Club decide against disciplining Xhaka, absolutely pathetic to be honest.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/30/arsenal-decide-disciplining-granit-xhaka-due-fragile-mental-health-11009608/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    On reflection, I think that the problem with Xhaka is that he has become the lightening rod for the manager's mistakes/incompetence. Its understandable, if a bit unfair that the player has become the target for a dysfunctional midfield that is wasting the talent at our team's disposal, but that's always the problem - it is the player directly in the public view week in week out. My take on Xhaka is that until the weekend, he was pretty much a decent professional who never hid as club captain. It is Emery who created the situation, both by treating Xhaka as undroppable; failing to see that his strengths and weaknesses are wrong for the team and then compounding this by making him captain. IMO, the player knows all this - and I think his reaction was a combination of shock hurt and frustration that he was the one copping the flack for Emery's mistakes.

If Xhaka is respected and liked by the players, I suppose that this is not the worst reason to make him captain, in the absense of the other factors. The problem is first and foremost the manager's tactical shortomings. That said, while I can relate to his emotional outburst, Xhaka has now made worse. We live in times where every incident is analysed to the nth degree and often overblown. Personally, I would just tend to move on and forget Sunday, but the baying mob demands its piece of flesh now, so not issuing an apology - even if it sticks in the throat from the player's perspective - isn't clever.

Overall, I am not surprised that this has happened under Emery's watch though. He really is a poor manager and I would love to see him gone.
    I think the problem with his is he's sub standard and we've had far too many sub standard players in the last 15 years. On top of that as we saw against Palace he actively tries to make himself unavailable to receive the ball, totally unacceptable.

I agree it's Emerys' fault, but the player has to take some responsibility as well, he was the one casually walking off when we needed a goal, it stinks of lack of effort and not caring at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Xhaka removed the photo of him in an Arsenal shirt and replaced it with one of him in his Switzerland shirt on Instagram.

Seems quite petty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Club decide against disciplining Xhaka, absolutely pathetic to be honest.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/30/arsenal-decide-disciplining-granit-xhaka-due-fragile-mental-health-11009608/

As long as he's stripped of the captaincy and relegated to the bench / Europa league duty I dont really care that much.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    As long as he's stripped of the captaincy and relegated to the bench / Europa league duty I dont really care that much.
    If they are going down that road then he definitely cannot continue as captain, no way. He doesn't have the mental strength for the role.

Hopefully Emery will be sacked soon anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I think the problem with his is he's sub standard and we've had far too many sub standard players in the last 15 years. On top of that as we saw against Palace he actively tries to make himself unavailable to receive the ball, totally unacceptable.

I agree it's Emerys' fault, but the player has to take some responsibility as well, he was the one casually walking off when we needed a goal, it stinks of lack of effort and not caring at all.
    Oh yes - Xhaka has to take some blame for the way he behaved, but he can't be blamed for not being the player that we need in his position. The situation - and the toxic atmosphere that now exists is down to Emery.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xhaka’s statement

Huge credit to him in all fairness for a considered response.

How sad that some “fans” can resort to such awful comments in the name of supporting our club.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50257148

Whatever you think about him as a player, nobody needs that kind of shit, and puts a little into context his reaction.

Sad times
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well maybe us fans were a bit harsh but he shouldn't be captain or in the first team he just isn't good enough and the only person to blaim is Emery or picking him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel sorry for Xhaka, there's no excuse for threats to his wife and children. But if you can't handle abuse on social media from toxic teenagers, then have the sense to get the hell off social media.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually think we are a fairly shitty set of fans.
    We have become so spoiled and entitled.
    Partly because of Wenger’s early years with us, but partly because of the way the club behave.
    They treat as customers and they charge a lot for their product so we expect it to be high quality.
    That fan/club relationship has been deeply eroded.
    I don’t think that’s a problem unique to Arsenal but we are one of the worst IMO.

Oh, and kudos to Xhaka for his statement. He isn’t good enough and he shouldn’t be captain but Emery has put him in this position. I hope the fans get behind him.