User Tag List

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Palace (home)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Unaibomber View Post
    I genuinely have no idea how we as a Club get out of this mess.
    Wenger In!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    How come VAR works in Rugby but not Football?
    Rugby is more stop-start, it does make it easier. But they don't seem to have got VAR right yet, by all accounts it robbed us of 2 points yesterday.
    The whole point of it was to make decisions better and right now it isn't doing that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess it's been around a long time in rugby so they've got use to it, but I'm not sure how many people are looking at VAR, but IMO there should be maybe 2-3 people assessing the decision and the ref certainly should have a look too if the decision reverses his effectively.

I think if that had happened it would have been a goal. Doesn't take away from the fact this game should have been won before that though, we left ourselves open to a decision affecting the game like that with another poor performance, when we start turning up and performing then people might have more sympathy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sick of it all tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Rugby is more stop-start, it does make it easier. But they don't seem to have got VAR right yet, by all accounts it robbed us of 2 points yesterday.
    The whole point of it was to make decisions better and right now it isn't doing that.
    if football's about entertainment then VAR is absolutely robbing us of it - all tata joy of thinking we had the winner rubbed out because someone thought Chambo did anything worse than all the other players involved in that goalmouth scramble.

shocking decision, there was no 'clear and obvious error' within ten miles of the incident - why the fuhk didn't Atkinson check it out for himself - apart from the fact he was so biased towards Palace in that game, that is...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    if football's about entertainment then VAR is absolutely robbing us of it - all tata joy of thinking we had the winner rubbed out.
    I imagine the Palace fans found it entertaining...
    The issue I have is that the whole point of VAR is to get stuff right.
    We were in a ridiculous situation with instant replays where sometimes everyone in the stadium would know a mistake had been made apart from the referee. Clearly ridiculous.
    But too often VAR isn't even getting stuff right. If it can't do that then it's pointless and doing more harm than good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy in charge of the VAR yesterday has never ref'd a premier league match only having ref experience in 9 footbal league fixture's its like having someone re-wire your house because he once chnged a plug.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are a badly run club

I don't have any faith in any of our decision makers. The Barca and Spanish brigade needs to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I imagine the Palace fans found it entertaining...
    The issue I have is that the whole point of VAR is to get stuff right.
    We were in a ridiculous situation with instant replays where sometimes everyone in the stadium would know a mistake had been made apart from the referee. Clearly ridiculous.
    But too often VAR isn't even getting stuff right. If it can't do that then it's pointless and doing more harm than good.
    VAR works when its clear cut... offside, crossing the goal line, handballs they are yes or no... think it can be a bit more contentious for fouls as slowing the action down can make things look worse than they are. maybe leave VAR for the yes or no answers with no interpretation required.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    VAR works when its clear cut... offside, crossing the goal line, handballs they are yes or no... think it can be a bit more contentious for fouls as slowing the action down can make things look worse than they are. maybe leave VAR for the yes or no answers with no interpretation required.
    this

all the other stuff relies on essentially subjective decisions by officials, which we know they don't get right