User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should Wenger be replaced as Arsenal Manager?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

21 38.89%
  • Yes

33 61.11%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Wenger be replaced as Arsenal Manager?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    7 people think he should stay on so far (Adzz voted the wrong way of course), there's no hope!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    7 people think he should stay on so far (Adzz voted the wrong way of course), there's no hope!
    3 premierships, 4 FA cups and Champions league football every year gets you some grace

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchinello Beezo View Post
    3 premierships, 4 FA cups and Champions league football every year gets you some grace
    CL football every year and no trophies in the last 6 years can get you sacked anywhere else though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he has had that already. There is only so long you can go on saying, 'give him another year'. Yet every year the team suffers from chronic underinvestment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No success in Europe, no success in 6 years, basic problems as clear as day never being fixed, calamitous collapses and blind faith in substandard players probably uses all that up.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I voted yes.

The thing is though, its not as simple as 'not winning a trophy for 6 years'. Its more to do with a collection of things, and the manner in which we havent won any trophies.

I can forgive Wenger for not winning anything, it is a competition and winning it shouldnt be guaranteed, but I cannot forgive him for not fixing the most obvious problems and carrying on, ignoring them for the last 6 years. I cannot forgive him for creating a team of pussies that break down at the first hint of pressure, and I certainly cannot forgive him for this years utter shambles at the close end of the season. He doesnt get rid of shit players, instead he pays them more money for their failings and then he doesnt strengthen when the opportunity arises.

That is why I think he should leave. I do want to see what he does in the summer to make us into winners again, but then I do think he should fuck off as he has had enough chances.
    Last edited by KSE Comedy Club; 23-05-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should have strengthened in January, spending money on a game changing player, and cover for the defence. We could have won the league.

As we didn't have the back up, we consequently dipped in form due to injury and players playing too much.

I maintain we had the best squad, but because our manager, despite all the warning signs from previous seasons, refused to spend when he should have done, the implosion was inevitable.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been shown he never learns from mistakes, I don't see what giving him another season would do, nothing is going to change he's had plenty of chances to change things....and has failed to do so everytime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasri Scoreng View Post
    I'm a yes. This season has turned me. This was the opportunity for AW's swansong - when he had managed to keep his team together over the Summer, and when the other teams were not as strong as previously. I'm afraid that he is unwilling to or incapable of making the significant changes that are needed to make us competetive again.