User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should Wenger be replaced as Arsenal Manager?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

21 38.89%
  • Yes

33 61.11%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Should Wenger be replaced as Arsenal Manager?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hump View Post
    I said "encourages" technical competence with that you can't argue, although I suspect you will.
    errm --- i am sure you will find that most managers and clubs do 'encourage' technical competence. It is a basic aspect of football; no? so why the issue with my original post? the game has moved on; no? If so our approach is fundamentally antiquated; no? does our approach need freshening up? yes, i think so.

cheers

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the current bunch of players we have I don't think there is any other manager who would make any difference to anything... So, me personally thinks that AW should spend some money and be given one last season to prove we can win something, BUT if not next season, then get rid and bring in Van Basten (Manager) and Bergkamp (No.2).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by irishitaliangooner View Post
    With the current bunch of players we have I don't think there is any other manager who would make any difference to anything... So, me personally thinks that AW should spend some money and be given one last season to prove we can win something, BUT if not next season, then get rid and bring in Van Basten (Manager) and Bergkamp (No.2).
    that will mean at least 5-6 players coming in though; do you realistically see that happening, ITG? Wenger hasn't got the balls, and even if he does, he's too arrogant to do any such thing to suggest he tried and failed with a misguided philosophy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the current bunch of players we have I don't think there is any other manager who would make any difference to anything.
    I disagree. The squad has ability what they lack is a winning mentality Wenger hasn't been able to instill that in them, he panders to them and is far too soft. Fergie would sort this out imo.

Adebayor said it perfectly in an interview with Football Focus a few weeks ago, he said there is no way Mourinho would have lost the CC final and I think he's right.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by budesonide View Post
    that will mean at least 5-6 players coming in though; do you realistically see that happening, ITG? Wenger hasn't got the balls, and even if he does, he's too arrogant to do any such thing to suggest he tried and failed with a misguided philosophy.
    He is going to have to now and he knows it... I seriously think that he is going to spend, he will strengthen up the backline and the midfield will consist of Wilshere, Nasri, Busquets and Song with Krkic and RvP up front. From what I read, Barcelona are offering us any player or two for Cesc apart from the main six eg: Messi, Villa, Pique, Valdes, Xavi and Iniesta in a swap for Cesc... Now out of the players available for us to pinch, I would make it the two in the line up...

I reckon next seasons line-up will be like this:

Schesny

Sagna
    Vermaelen
    Samba
    Gibbs

Nasri
    Busquets
    Wilshere
    Walcott

RvP

Krkic

Thats my opinion. We will make signings...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Yes because we are no better as a team now than we were at the start of this project 5 years ago. We stagnate every year and I think he is very lucky to have a board like ours who allow him the complete freedom to do what he wants without question. There's no other top club in the world who would have afforded him the patience like we have.

I'm grateful for him because he's transformed the club in a way we couldn't have dreamt of but this year in particularly has seen the fans express genuine concern about the decline in quality and feelings of being alienated from the club they love. Something has gone very wrong and I think Wenger has to shoulder the blame as do the board.

Having said all of that, I think the board are more than happy to finish 4th every year, so Wenger is doing nothing wrong in their eyes.
    Idem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No way will Barcelona give us Busquets in part exchange for Cesc. He's one of the best DMs in the world and his one-touch passing is fantastic.

Also, I'd stop watching football if that parasitic cunt joined us, as good as a player he is, I hope he dies.

Bojan is their Bendtner/Chamakh but great at it with 38 goals in 69 starts. He'll go to Valencia or Villarreal if he wants to leave, which I don't think he does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    I disagree. The squad has ability what they lack is a winning mentality Wenger hasn't been able to instill that in them, he panders to them and is far too soft. Fergie would sort this out imo.

Adebayor said it perfectly in an interview with Football Focus a few weeks ago, he said there is no way Mourinho would have lost the CC final and I think he's right.
    If you forget about mentality for a second, we all know that is our biggest problem, but I'd also question his tactical ability as manager now. How many times has his spoken about the need to shore up the defence but an improvement is never seen in this area, we arguably get worse. We're no better off now than we were 5 years ago and still have a dreadful inability to defend set pieces.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thoughts exactly, will be interesting to see the final results of this poll compared with the last one.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why wait? Wenger has had 6 seasons to sort it out and has been found wanting. If we get a new manager in, he can sell Fabregas and use that money to reinvest in the squad. If we stick with Wenger, he will waste any Fabregas transfer money by giving Denilson and Bendtner 100,000 a week wages to make them stay!!!

He will then complain about a lack of funds and go bargain basement shopping again in Ligue1.

I lost faith in Wenger last summer. Back then I thought, we should give him one last season. There is no goodwill left. He has to go.