User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Vitoria SC (away)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Problem is that this club always wants to do things on the cheap, the shortlist of managers wasn't great, then we narrowed it down to Arteta (what an awful option - a guy who has never managed and wasn't even a particularly good player for us either) and Emery.
    I see nothing wrong with Arteta tbh.. that guy is highly rated by pretty much every person who has interacted with him. Lampard was expected to fail gloriously, but has really turned on the style and results at Chelsea. IF we were to go back to Arteta, he will have my full support.. experience is good to have, but I'd rather have someone hungry who is going to make us a good team to watch.
    Last edited by fakeyank; 07-11-2019 at 09:14 PM.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Agreed, at Chelsea they demand success and if you don't deliver you lose your job, it's worked pretty well for them on the whole as they've won a stackful of trophies. Yes there are dips but they almost always pickup again and win.
    They demand success because for ages they had a bottomless pit of money. In those circumstances you would demand success. No point in spending 3/4/5 times what your entired poxy chavvy little 2 bob club is worth on players if none of the fans expect more than they were getting.

I do take the overall point though, we are well within our rights to expect more and as someone has already said.....there were decent grounds to sack him after Baku, never mind now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    I see nothing wrong with Arteta tbh.. that guy is highly rated by pretty much every person who has interacted with him. Lampard was expected to fail gloriously, but has really turned on the style and results at Chelsea. IF we were to go back to Arteta, he will have my full support.. experience is good to have, but I'd rather have someone hungry who is going to make us a good team to watch.
    People saw nothing wrong with Emery either.

Lets get someone who knows more than the art of putting out cones and nodding to everything Pep says.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arteta's reputation is built on nothing but thin air. Pure rumour. The guy hasn't even coached City's under 12 team and suddenly his first ever job should be at Arsenal?. We swapped one failed manager for another and now we want to give a total novice a try?. Sounds a lot like Brexit thinking to me. Let's leap into the unknown. Shit happens. No offence FY. But some of us would actually like to see this club win the CL in our lifetimes
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back to Emery we need to get rid now we need champions league football next season or we will lose Auba,Laca and Torreira as they won't want to play in the Europa league again (and we don't either) we need to start winning we have the players but not a coach get the best out of them so again EMERY OUT NOW!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I don't really understand your stance on the club in this area. You simultaneously say this and also say that we waste far too much money on salaries for mediocre players (something I agree with).
    So which is it? Do we cut corners wherever we can or waste money?
    We do waste too much money on salaries, we pay average players too much (or at least we use to), my point is that we do cut corners, there's very little planning on the whole and when we do sign expensive players it's reactionary rather than planned, we react to fan pressure basically.

By cutting corners I mean that when we were looking for a manager we just weren't interested in top managers, we didn't want to pay the salary or offer them the transfer pot they would want, this is pretty unusual for a top club, most top clubs try to recruit the best managers on the whole, ocassionally they deviate from this but on the whole it's the case.

This club doesn't do anything properly, so we let Ramsey and Sanchez run down their contracts and yet give new contracts to the likes of Xhaka. Now we have Aubameyang and Lacazette running down their contracts so it's happening again, so basically we re-sign the rubbish but let out best players run down their contracts and eventually leave.

In the summer we needed a CB desperately, what do we go and do , we sign a kid who can't play for a year, as much as I'm glad we've signed him we need a CB to play now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Lampard had done well at Derby, assistant managers have been proven to be not so great managers over the years, just look at McClaren and Queiros who we credited with working wonders at Man U.

Arteta has never even managed one game, Guardiola was winning way before he ever worked with Arteta, he wasn't even a club legend or important player for us, I know that's not the end of the world, but if you have no management experience I think it's more important for a job at a top club.

I reckon when Arteta does eventually get a job he may well flop like a lot the assistant managers who have moved to management before him, it's a different skillset IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    They demand success because for ages they had a bottomless pit of money. In those circumstances you would demand success. No point in spending 3/4/5 times what your entired poxy chavvy little 2 bob club is worth on players if none of the fans expect more than they were getting.

I do take the overall point though, we are well within our rights to expect more and as someone has already said.....there were decent grounds to sack him after Baku, never mind now.
    I think they demand success because the owner loves football and wants to see his team succeed, that's where it stems from, yes they have had money (although less so now), but their club philosophy is to be successful, not just get into the top 4. At Arsenal it's rather different sadly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Back to Emery we need to get rid now we need champions league football next season or we will lose Auba,Laca and Torreira as they won't want to play in the Europa league again (and we don't either) we need to start winning we have the players but not a coach get the best out of them so again EMERY OUT NOW!!!
    Totally agree, we desperately need to get another manager in, preferably someone high profile who has done it, Simeone, Allegri, Ancelotti, as mentioned before I'd also take Mourinho because like him or loathe him, his goal is sucess and he's not happy to settle for anything less and I think we need a more single minded manager who isn't just happy pottering along from one year to the next, we've had years and years of that now, our successful era is now 15 years ago now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Ozim about Arteta, i just can't get excited about the idea, he's unproven and all he does is sit there with that plastic one-piece hair and scowl, what's supposed to be so good about him?