User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Leicester (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Wouldn't feel very good about this. Not because I don't like Lucho but this is a tough job as your first one to come in to following an awful tragedy for him and his family.
    Maybe the best thing for him some would say. He has to put it behind him someday
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enrique is probably one of the most overrated managers in football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just have to let Emery go. The man is tanking on an unexpected level. I'd take Big Sam right now. Such is the level of my despair
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting rid of Emery and promoting Freddie would be addition by subtraction.

Emery should’ve been sacked after that run in. With that run in last season, Wenger would unquestionably have steered us into the top 4. Possibly third just to troll us.

Not that I wanted Wenger in that position.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh come on... Wenger wouldn't have unquestionably done anything. We were nowhere near 4th place in his last two seasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Unaibomber View Post
    Getting rid of Emery and promoting Freddie would be addition by subtraction.

Emery should’ve been sacked after that run in. With that run in last season, Wenger would unquestionably have steered us into the top 4. Possibly third just to troll us.

Not that I wanted Wenger in that position.
    Agreed
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Oh come on... Wenger wouldn't have unquestionably done anything. We were nowhere near 4th place in his last two seasons.
    We were 2 points off in his penultimate season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    We were 2 points off in his penultimate season.
    Think he meant metaphorically as opposed to actual points difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    I said with that run in, Wenger would have done it. Unquestionably. There is no way with CL qualification in the balance that he would have put all our eggs in the Europa basket.

Wenger was found wanting against our rivals, but against that cannon fodder at the end of last season, no way he wasn’t getting fourth.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thing about Wenger is he was one of the prime instigators of this mess, the way this club is at the moment is as a direct consequence of what he did and implemented, a mentality where you decide what success is, ovrpay players massively without expecting any performances on the pitch, one where players were mollycoddled and where the club pandered on their every need and where the fans were 2nd class citizens.

Emery is a middle of the road manager, but that's very much how the club think at that stems back to the mentality he instilled from 2005 onwards.

I'd never take Wenger back in a month of Sundays, IMO if not for him the club wouldn't be where it is now, a 2nd tier club with no real ambitions of winning, where players are always in their comfort zone.

The reports we're hearing about the people at the top supporting Emery and thinking we're going in the right direction, highlights exactly why we've become a 2nd rate club, a top club wouldn't accept this kind of mediocrity and would have been ruthless and sacked this guy, he's had long enough and his performance has been dreafdful, zero progression at all.

How anyone can think we are going in the right direction when we lost 2-0 and had 1 shot of target is beyond me, never mind the comments about being happy about keeping Leicester for so long as they're such a great side, it's almost like we're the small club and Leicester are a top club, maybe in mentality we are.