User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Match Reaction v Leicester (away).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Unaibomber View Post
    I said with that run in, Wenger would have done it. Unquestionably. There is no way with CL qualification in the balance that he would have put all our eggs in the Europa basket.

Wenger was found wanting against our rivals, but against that cannon fodder at the end of last season, no way he wasn’t getting fourth.
    There was only one season when we were nowhere close to top 4, his last. Every other season we either achieved it or, in his penultimate season, we went close.
    I think you're probably right, although the collapse at the end of last season was Wengeresque, when top 4 was in the balance he always delivered.
    Arguably he was too focused on that but his record there can't be faulted - although his obsession about it can be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Galling knowing Leicester don't have a single player Arsenal couldn't have signed. Ndidi looked annoyingly good. When I watch him normally I always think he gives away too many fouls in bad areas and tends to be a little too peripheral but we really made Leicester look the bisto.

Even Liverpool's team is made up of a lot of players who have played at other prem sides who again, we could have signed if we had moved at the right time.

Suppose it means very little if the coach is no good anyway.