User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Arsenal v Southampton, 15.00 Saturday 23 November

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Seriously? Emery out? Why? What did you expect a new manager would bring. The PL and CL double?
    Honestly, all I expected was some improvement.

I was late to the party but towards the end even I could see that things had got stale under Wenger.
    My much mocked "judge him at the end of the season" stance was theoretically right, but it had all got a bit "Groundhog Day" and it was increasingly clear that the pattern of each season was pretty much the same.
    I'd become completely disinterested by it all.
    Emery's appointment piqued my interest. At last, something different.

I wasn't expecting miracles, but I was hoping for a challenge for a Top 4 finish last season. We got off to a decent start and there were some encouraging signs.
    At the end of the season Spurs held the door wide open for us, with our run-in we should have walked through it and we fell flat on our stupid faces.
    Whisper it quietly but it was...Wengeresque.

It was no secret that Wenger was poor tactically. Emery was said to be meticulous in his planning for each game. There's no real evidence of that.
    Why on earth did he make Xhaka captain?! What was that about?
    What's he doing with Ozil? If Emery doesn't rate him then sell him, don't leave our highest paid player out of the squad.
    And how the fuck has he contrived to make our defence even worse than a manager who didn't even think defence was needed.

So yes, Emery out. I wasn't expecting miracles but I was expecting some improvement. If anything we've got worse.
    Whatever state you think Wenger left us in I refuse to believe that the right manager can't have a positive impact on this lot. It's increasingly clear that isn't Emery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome back NQ