User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Match reaction v Norwich (away)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I guess the issue with someone from within being in charge is their probably friends with the players and that doesn't give them an unbiased view, some of the selections today were horrendous, which bit of Xhaka is finished at Arsenal don't they understand?

Can't wait to get a new manager in with a fresh approach and no pre-conceived ideas about the players.
    Ljunberg out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Worst start since 1975, apparently

AFTV'S DT reckons we are in a relegation battle 😏

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where was Bellerin and Tierney for today? Kola was good offensively but horrible at the back. Frankly I saw many positives in todays game:
    - We played fast forward movement football as much as we could
    - Xhaka played very good
    - We dropped Sokratis.. this is a first step, although we replaced him with someone terrible like Mustafi!
    I think we need to start with Holding and Luiz, or Holding and Chambers as our CB. Where is Mavanparos?

I still do not understand the point of Ozil. He needs to play in the middle behind our strikers. I do not see any effectiveness of him playing down our wings. Also, what position was Torreira playing when he came on? He was our best CDM last season and this season he cant tell his ass from his elbows!
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Where was Bellerin and Tierney for today? Kola was good offensively but horrible at the back. Frankly I saw many positives in todays game:
    - We played fast forward movement football as much as we could
    - Xhaka played very good
    - We dropped Sokratis.. this is a first step, although we replaced him with someone terrible like Mustafi!
    I think we need to start with Holding and Luiz, or Holding and Chambers as our CB. Where is Mavanparos?

I still do not understand the point of Ozil. He needs to play in the middle behind our strikers. I do not see any effectiveness of him playing down our wings. Also, what position was Torreira playing when he came on? He was our best CDM last season and this season he cant tell his ass from his elbows!
    Thought Xhaka was partially at fault for the 2nd goal, was completely out of position and far too slow to get back into position.

That's besides the point though, how is this guy still playing for this club, it's a joke!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought Xhaka was partially at fault for the 2nd goal, was completely out of position and far too slow to get back into position.

That's besides the point though, how is this guy still playing for this club, it's a joke!
    Thank fuck Ozil's still here. He's the only player we have who isn't a total panic merchant on the ball - except, perhaps (there are hints) Pepe. Even Auba has fallen into the Arsenal way, despite being an excellent player when he arrived. Actually, I might include that Martinelli kid too. I really hope he's not listening to his coaches and is just doing his own thing.

Xhaka's a disaster zone, of course. He murders any chance of football. Tipi, tap, back, back.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the issue with someone from within being in charge is their probably friends with the players and that doesn't give them an unbiased view, some of the selections today were horrendous, which bit of Xhaka is finished at Arsenal don't they understand?

Can't wait to get a new manager in with a fresh approach and no pre-conceived ideas about the players.
    although surely a manager will have pre-conceived ideas about the players... unless they have never seen them play before . otherwise you are advocating that if mustafi and xhaka did well in training then they should be picked by the new manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal: Leno, Chambers, Mustafi, David Luiz, Kolasinac, Xhaka, Guendouzi, Willock, Ozil, Aubameyang, Lacazette.
    Subs: Martinez, Sokratis, Tierney, Torreira, Pepe, Saka, Martinelli.

This was our starting squad yesterday. Im pretty sure 95% of us would have made a better starting 11 than the ones Freddie chose. The real test is if he stick with the same squad for the next game. Sokratis/Mustafi is a choice between bad and awful. Maybe it will make both up their game a bit. But truth is we need to ship both out. Their reading of the game is atrocious. If we are serious we need at least 1 CB in January. Either of the Norwich defenders would be better than what we have but I would really love us to go for Tyrone Mings at Villa. Really great up coming defender.

My biggest gripe with this team is our uncoordinated play. the way we seem to be totally open at times. Norwich would look like 15 years olds against any top CL team and they made us sweat bullets yesterday.

Not much reason to be cheerful yet, but im so glad Emery is gone. the man has ruined his reputation completely with the last 18 months.

Can I also addf that Guendouzi needs a spot on the sidelines. He needs to maybe see the game from the outside looking in.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 02-12-2019 at 08:26 AM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Increasingly coming round to the idea that we should cash in on Lacazette while his stock remains good. I actually think he’s been a downgrade on Giroud. Just putting it out there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt first game in, but if Freddie goes with the same team against Brighton then we’re in big trouble if he thinks those players are going to deliver results.

At least 3 or 4 of the bench yesterday should have been starting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    although surely a manager will have pre-conceived ideas about the players... unless they have never seen them play before . otherwise you are advocating that if mustafi and xhaka did well in training then they should be picked by the new manager.
    Yeah but people from within the club has this weird twisted perception about some of our players, why would anyone actually play Mustafi and Xhaka and Kolasinac when they've been watching them in week in week out, it makes zero sense, frankly I couldn't care less about training, it's not like a real match, I'm shocked at the lineup Ljungberg put together, makes me think the guy has learnt nothing and can't see who isn't good enough.

We just need someone new who has never been involved with this club who can ruffle a few feathers and recognises when someone isn't up to scratch, really tired of seeing illogical decisions, terrible lineups and players in the team that should be sold. Shame we missed out on Mourinho, he would soon ahve got rid of these players that are rubbish and don't work for the team.

Get a new manager ASAP.