User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Match reaction v Norwich (away)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Interesting. I don't think he's a downgrade but Giroud was massively under-rated by Arsenal fans, if he is an upgrade then it's not much of one.
    I don't think we should sell him though, I still think he's one of our better players.
    i think if we can get Coutinho type money then I would sell him. We need to improve at the back, another season out of the CL and we have already spent a lot of next years budget.

We shouldn't be afraid to sell any of our players, sometimes if a large enough bid comes in then take it and use the money to strengthen in multiple areas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    He's been around the club, he should know the players inside out, no excuse for the lineup IMO.

Don't agree, we're not a charity, if you're not good enough you don't play, we need to be more ruthless we've been too soft fo years. We don't need to turn to these players to be honest, we have enough that we don't if we play them in their right positions.
    but football is till 11 a side sport... so we need to keep some players and as you think most aren't good enough then not playing all those not good enough would in turn make us struggle a bit.

I think the options at the back and central midfield are thin. Holding and Bellerin are injured, meant Chambers had to play right back. Sokratis has been really poor so was right to be dropped. Anyone else is a total unknown quantity.

I do think Gendo needs to be rested... think it is too much for a 19yo to be the main stay of the midfield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does Bould bring to the table? That man lurks around in the background but I still dont know his function to the team. For a man who was a great defender, our defense is definitely not even a 1% reflection of what he was.. why not bring Keown back into the picture? He worked wonders with a bunch of nobodies in our run to the CL final.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. Why Freddie decided Merts was to be his assistant i do not know. Bang average defender with no heart in my opinion. Keown would be up those twats faces like he did to Van Nastilrooy at OT. Someone needs to tell our dunces in defence what they really need to hear. If they listened to what most TV pundits say about them most weekends they will want to jump off a bridge.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Agreed. Why Freddie decided Merts was to be his assistant i do not know. Bang average defender with no heart in my opinion. Keown would be up those twats faces like he did to Van Nastilrooy at OT. Someone needs to tell our dunces in defence what they really need to hear. If they listened to what most TV pundits say about them most weekends they will want to jump off a bridge.
    Totally agree, Mertersacker epitomises the mediocrity at this club, you need motivaters, coaches that know what they're doing and are hungry, no people who just going along with whatever someone else says.

Seems to me that the club doesn't listen to any external influences, if they did they'd realise what a shambles the defence is, they also would have never signed Luiz as a CB, years of him being a liabilty there should have been enough to put us off, clearly not though because it seems there's very little actual football knowledge at the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Interesting. I don't think he's a downgrade but Giroud was massively under-rated by Arsenal fans, if he is an upgrade then it's not much of one.
    I don't think we should sell him though, I still think he's one of our better players.
    I think Lacazette is big upgrade of the static Giroud, look how the guy has done at Chelsea. Giroud was just lucky that he was the focal point at a time when we were only interested in attacking, a very limited player.

Laca works hard and is a real poacher, used properly he'd be very good, sadly so far we haven't had a manager that has managed to do this efficiently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I think Lacazette is big upgrade of the static Giroud, look how the guy has done at Chelsea. Giroud was just lucky that he was the focal point at a time when we were only interested in attacking, a very limited player.

Laca works hard and is a real poacher, used properly he'd be very good, sadly so far we haven't had a manager that has managed to do this efficiently.
    Watching the last game I was thinking Johnny Hartson up there would have won it for us. The amount of times it went aimlessly into the box with not one of our shirts within a mile of the danger zone. Lumping it into the 6 yard box and having a big lump up there would probably be a better bet for us right now. So Giroud would probably get more joy than Laca in this current setup. But only because we're so shite. For some reason, which Wenger and then Emery couldn't get close to figuring out, we can't get talented player to rise above journeyman status. So it's hard to compare any of the players in the team right now with any that have gone before because I don't think we've played such pointless (figuratively and literally) football in decades.
    Für eure Sicherheit