User Tag List

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Ignorance and Dart Throwing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Yes a real shame, i like Chambo, he's got a good attitude and is a very useful player, able to slot into a few positions.

And agreed on the need for a CB, hopefully we can ship out mustafi too
    It is a real shame for the lad - he probably would have been right up Arteta’s street too, with his ability to switch between CB, RB and DCM, and there’s finally a clear vacancy in the side for him. Shocking luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Chambers ACL injury confirmed, so unlucky to lose another player to the same injury and feel for him just as he was moving up the pecking order. A CB surely has to be top of the shopping list in Jan now?
    That's probably him done for us now. Arteta had to strengthen the defence anyway, now we'll need extra cover and hopefully we won't be looking at cheap stopgap options. Plus we have that new kid coming in the summer. If things go to plan we'll have a markedly different squad in 9 months and surely a settled defence, else what's the point of any of this? Very tough break.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    That's probably him done for us now. Arteta had to strengthen the defence anyway, now we'll need extra cover and hopefully we won't be looking at cheap stopgap options. Plus we have that new kid coming in the summer. If things go to plan we'll have a markedly different squad in 9 months and surely a settled defence, else what's the point of any of this? Very tough break.
    Maybe, though i'd like to think we'd keep him for the depth of squad we need, with cup games etc, providing he makes a good recovery, and assuming i's enough for him not to start every game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tierney also out for 3 months. He's almost like a non-signing.

We're now linked with signing everyone, including players who turn up to visit their mates during Christmas. Definitely won't be giving attention to any of the media shite this month. It's just clickbait now, no actual news anymore. No wonder the legacy media is dying. To be replaced by...

social media
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd still be somewhat astonished if we signed a top CB this window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Links to Jerome Boateng. No thanks, he's well past his best now.

If do manage to sign a CB I'd like it to be one for the longer term, and a player with more mobility as we are severely lacking in that department.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pass. No more ageing stop-gaps on massive wages thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t see Upamecano happening in Jan - not unless we’re sitting on a lot more money than I know about.

Being linked with Nathan Ake at B’muff - could be a tough one to pull off while they’re in a relegation scrap (and with Chelsea having a buy back option), but I could see him fitting in well in Arteta’s more compact, high-energy, Arsenal collective.

I quite like the look of that Brazilian lad, Gabriel Magalhães at Lille too - 6’3, 22yo left-sided CB, already looks a serious athlete. Need Edu to have a word.

Who else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also being strongly linked with Max Aarons at Norwich - again, not sure I see that happening in Jan, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we tried to replace Bellerin at some point this year (whether it’s with Aarons or someone else)...
    Last edited by I am invisible; 04-01-2020 at 11:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pau Torres maybe? Another CB we’ve been linked with this year, and comes with Santi’s seal of approval - might be easier to pry away from Villarreal than some of the other targets (depending on who else is sniffing around)?