User Tag List

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Ignorance and Dart Throwing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I keep saying to those who love Maureen that he too was very public of his praise for Xhaka.
    Xhaka has played under 4 Arsenal managers now and they have all picked him consistantly.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well they all speak German (and in 2 cases are German) and are muslim, which might not seem a lot to many, but is a big deal when you are in another country.

Holding is exactly the sort of player we shouldn't be selling. He cost peanuts and still has plenty of time to improve. In 2-3 years time we would still be able to make a profit on him.

I would actually still really love a player like Dunk. Good age at 27, the right player type (imo) and has a good amount of experience which would help someone like Saliba if he's playing next to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Xhaka has played under 4 Arsenal managers now and they have all picked him consistantly.
    I'm not the guys biggest fans but this version of him I have a lot less issue with. If Arteta thinks he is useful for now, that will do for me for now. On his head be it....

Hell I even saw Xhaka skip past a few opposition players against Leeds which up until now has been a very dormant skill in his repertoire.....albeit he failed to deliver a few very simple passes at the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well even the worst players occasionally get something right, but ultimately he's a banter player IMO and if we're truly gonna be competitive, people like him need to be left behind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing with players like Xhaka is they have a very specific way of playing the game. In the right team he could easily look like a world beater because despite whatever you think of him, his long range passing is at times extremely good. But in our team where short, sideways passing is often the go-to, then players like him will always be exposed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arteta's probably not getting any cash this window so he has to make do with what he's got. Given the injury list it's all hands on deck, including Xhaka, including Mustafi. We'll probably need everyone come the end of the season, certainly if we manage to progress in the FA Cup and EL and assuming we want to finish competently in the PL. Unless we're going into the transfer market, I doubt we can afford to lose anyone.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xhaka is definitely a problem that can wait until the summer - hopefully his stock will have risen a little by then, and we'll be able to demand more than Hertha's €20m (or whatever they were offering)...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm happy for him to stay until the end of the season. But I don't see how we can move forward if he's still a starter for us after that. We need to get rid of the weak links.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know he is yet to come back from his untimely death but I had no idea Sane's deal expires in 2021.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51069360

Sign him up, for a knockdown price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The universe does owe us a German winger after Gnabry