User Tag List

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Ignorance and Dart Throwing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well at least we're buying a player for the right position, hopefully this signals the end of Mustafi though i hope it doesn't serve as a block to Holding's progress, i still think he's a good long-term prospect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holding probably needs us to bring in a new CB this window more than anyone. The lad’s been our for a year and needs to be eased back in at his own pace - the last the he needs is to have to play every week because it’s him or Mustastrophe!

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just goes to show how much media bollocks there is.

First I've even heard about this guy and it seems it's the one we're bringing in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And i'm really glad we're not aigning kurzawa, had a real stink of 'agent stitch-up' about it

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know much about this guy individually but Flamengo did defend pretty well against Liverpool.

Best CB in the league tbf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder who’s behind this one? He was on Man City’s books for a couple of years (Arteta?) before moving to the Brazil (Edu?) and is represented by Arturo Canales (one of Raul’s agent-mates)...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opinion from Tim Vickery, FWIW...

...The secret of this Flamengo side - one of the most refreshing things to happen to club football in South America for years - is that they pose question after question, threat after threat.

The front four - strikers Gabriel and Bruno Henrique backed up by attacking midfielders Everton Ribeiro and Giorgian De Arrascaeta - are so fluid, exchanging positions, opening up pockets of space, continually stretching the opposing defence with both physicality and subtlety. The midfield duo, Gerson and Willian Arao, offer hard work, talent and versatility. And the attacking approach is made possible by the high defensive line, commanded by the Spanish centre-back Pablo Mari.

The 26-year-old was signed from Manchester City, who had parked him on loan at Deportivo La Coruna. Given City's defensive problems this year, they could have made a mistake letting him go, because he has been a vital part of the Jorge Jesus jigsaw. Without his capacity to play in and organize a high line, the team would be stretched out and vulnerable, with a gaping hole in front of the defence. The steadiness of the Spaniard allows the two veteran full-backs, Rafinha and Filipe Luis, to spend more time in the opponent's half than in their own, constructing the play from the back...
    https://www.espn.co.uk/football/conm...platform%3Damp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nooooo.! Jerome Boateng needs a new home. Hertfordshire to be exact. Where will he go now?
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well at least we are signing a CB. Loan with an option to buy though so the club's not convinced enough to buy him outright.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mari deal has allegedly hit a hitch.

Arsenal's deal for Flamengo defender Pablo Mari is in doubt with the player heading back to Brazil.
    Mari arrived in London on Saturday for his medical after Arsenal technical director Edu Gaspar had agreed a deal with Flamengo to sign him on loan with view to a £7.5m transfer.
    Edu had travelled with Mari on his flight to Heathrow and did not anticipate any problems.
    Arsenal sources say Mari, 26, a former Manchester City centre back, had his medical and was set to sign with friends even congratulating him on his move but a late hitch has seen negotiations stall at the final stage.
    A disappointed Mari is now heading back to Rio de Janeiro. Negotiations are ongoing between Flamengo and Arsenal though the Gunners are also having to consider new targets.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...HqdUI_h33daKIk