User Tag List

Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Ignorance and Dart Throwing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Arteta thinks he can turn around Mustafi's career. Oh dear.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...rsenal-career/

Maybe this is why we don't want to pay what's needed for the South American...
    Could be the other way around - Flamengo aren't interested in a 'loan now, buy later' deal, so we're now having to big up Mustafi in case that's what we're left with?

Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Arteta thinks he can turn around Mustafi's career. Oh dear.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...rsenal-career/
    ...Anyone else sick of this nonsense, having to put up with mediocre players and having to hear your manager telling you they can make it, despite 4-5 years of being awful? Didn't we have the same thing with Wenger?
    Yes. Honestly, the next time we redesign the logo we should consider going with a guy in coach's outfit polishing a turd - it wouldn't be too far from the truth.

Slightly different with Wenger though, as he was a manager and had total power over recruitment - Arteta and Emery have been hired as coaches, and their job is to get the most out of the players they have. They can, of course, ask for better, but that will be done in private - in public, you keep the players you have confident and motivated and fighting for you (right up until the very moment before you hand them their p45).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So no one spoke to the accounts department before Edu went to Brazil or before he left to return with the player. Whose running this place. Mr Bean and Benny Hill?
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    If true, it makes the Pepe deal even more bonkers. Almost as nuts as the the gossip about Lemar coming on loan. Why would we need him?
    Yup - totally nuts. That one's all on Raul - he bet the farm on a quick return to the CL, and it's blown up in our face.

The one saving grace here is that we now have no choice but to start running this club properly - it's going to be brutal in the short-term, but that wage bill has to come down, and the focus has to be on smart recruitment and better coaching.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    So no one spoke to the accounts department before Edu went to Brazil or before he left to return with the player. Whose running this place. Mr Bean and Benny Hill?
    You're talking about a guy who tried to move to England without his passport - don't set your expectations too high.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    Fuck me.

I thought this transfer was nailed on.

Seems we cant even afford £7m now

What the actual fuck is happening to all the money at this club!?!
    There's no mystery here - we've got a squad of players on CL wages, and we've now gone 3 years without CL income (and the increased commercials that go with the prestige of that competition). Next year will be year 4.

I think we had enough in the bank to cover the shortfall for the first couple of years, but we're now into loss-making territory so some harsh decisions are going to need to be made.

On the plus side, some harsh decisions are going to need to be made.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it looks like we wanted the player even got him to come over for a medical only then discover that we can't afford it (or we did but think Flamengo would budge on the fee) how arrogant are the board? (stupid question) so cannot see us getting anyone this window unless we get rid of a few players and going by what Arteta has said the one's we need to get rid of he wants to work on hoping he will improve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that Mustafi is injured in his leg. (Brain is permanently on the blink anyway). Can someone put in a call to Brazil and tell them we have found some Euros under the rafters. Or do we have to start a Paypal Go-fund me account. Im willing to put in a tenner. Im sure NQ will be good for at least 50.?
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like we’re getting cold feet.

I’m not totally fussed though if I’m honest. I’d rather we just ride out the season and do it properly in the summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just waiting for the news that we've recalled Mavropanos 2 weeks after sending him out on loan...