User Tag List

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Ignorance and Dart Throwing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal have finally signed the Southampton reject.

I can stop biting my nails now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Stick Luiz in midfield and get rid of Xhaka. You'll solve two problems, Luiz is no longer a liability and Xhaka is out of the team allowing us to move forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    Arsenal have finally signed the Southampton reject.

I can stop biting my nails now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    does make you wonderr, that Saints haven't even been playing him and been doing very nicely thank you

however if it means no Mustafi then...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Yeah, maybe. Maybe.

It could just be a simple fitness issue, especially if he's only recently back from a lengthy lay off? Or Maybe he's just been mailing it in in training? who knows? If we had more to play for then I'd probably be more bothered, but as it is it's hard to care too much when the rest of this season is basically just prep for next year when he won't be with us.

Maybe that's it - maybe we're just keeping him fresh and hungry for the Europa League, as the only competition that holds any significant value for the club at this point?
    I was hoping we would eventually sign him permanently, but that looks less and less likely. I also don't think the fee reported is ridiculous given his ability and age. Sometimes you just watch a player love and become convinced of his fundamental ability. That's how I feel about Ceballos. I think people are quickly forgetting that he amongst any other is as willing to 'put a foot in' on an opponent when useful.

Still utterly underwhelmed by Soares as it's the type of signing that stops you getting worse rather than makes you any better. Even if as a signing it is of some use, he will still need to be playing, in theory, better than AMN is to justify being put in ahead. Otherwise, still, what is the point of him playing? The fact he is an actual right back only really matters if he can play better than whoever we currently have there.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal.

Why sign Suarez permanently when you get Soares on loan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I was hoping we would eventually sign him permanently, but that looks less and less likely. I also don't think the fee reported is ridiculous given his ability and age. Sometimes you just watch a player love and become convinced of his fundamental ability. That's how I feel about Ceballos. I think people are quickly forgetting that he amongst any other is as willing to 'put a foot in' on an opponent when useful.

Still utterly underwhelmed by Soares as it's the type of signing that stops you getting worse rather than makes you any better. Even if as a signing it is of some use, he will still need to be playing, in theory, better than AMN is to justify being put in ahead. Otherwise, still, what is the point of him playing? The fact he is an actual right back only really matters if he can play better than whoever we currently have there.
    I guess you can’t blame him for holding out for his chance at Real Madrid - he’s done the hard bit, and is already one of their players, so he just needs an opening. I’ll look forward to seeing him in an Arsenal shirt until May, but I’m more interested in tracking the development of Willock, Guendouzi and Smith Rowe on his loan.

Soares doesn’t really bother me one way or the other - as I said, it feels very much like a temporary marriage of convenience between the two parties: we need depth at RB (with question marks over Bellerin’s fitness, and Chambers out for a year); and Soares needs to put himself in the shop window for 6 months to get the best free transfer he can. Unless he turns out to be brilliant, I don’t see it going any further than that...
    Last edited by I am invisible; 31-01-2020 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't blame him at all. I do think that in a parallel universe where we actually finished in the top 4 last season as we fully should have and just signed Arteta in the first place, we might be talking about buying Ceballos now rather than loaning him. I think he is keener on Real than they are on him. As always, their club is far too distracted with stardom and big names that their fringe decent players falling by the wayside could easily be to our benefit. As it was supposed to be with Ozil....and Higuain.....

Anyway this all seems kinda futile. We will finish out the top 4 and hardly spend a penny net this summer and simply hope Arteta really continues to get our ish to together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I guess you can’t blame him for holding out for his chance at Real Madrid - he’s done the hard bit, and is already one of their players, so he just needs an opening. I’ll look forward to seeing him in an Arsenal shirt until May, but I’m more interested in tracking the development of Willock, Guendouzi and Smith Rowe on his loan.

Soares doesn’t really bother me one way or the other - as I said, it feels very much like a temporary marriage of convenience between the two parties: we need depth at RB (with question marks over Bellerin’s fitness, and Chambers out for a year); and Soares needs to put himself in the shop window for 6 months to get the best free transfer he can. Unless he turns out to be brilliant, I don’t see it going any further than that...
    Bringing Soares in till end of season does not bother me. What bothers me are the numbers I am seeing about this transfer.. 5 million quid for the loan?! If true, that sounds ridiculous!
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure how Sky will try and keep up the excitement until 11pm.

It seems anything that was proposed to happen today already has or is already off.

Some berk reporter in Selhurst Park refuses to go home, even though he was told by the club to do so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaziah Sterling has gone on loan from the Spuds to Leyton Orient.

Big news!