User Tag List

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Ignorance and Dart Throwing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    We'll just have to hope Martinelli comes good, at least he's there to step in to the gap
    This is anothe reason I don't understand why the club took so long to sack Emery and didn't have a plan when they did, our two strikers (and two best players) have 1 year left, if you want to convince them to stay and sign a new contract they need a reason, a big manager they believe in, positive results that show we're going somewhere or something like that.

Instead now they'll probably leave (can't believe it's happening again) and we'll be left with a huge hole to life and probably go another 10 years before seeing another decent goalscorer at Arsenal, I honestly don't know what goes through the mind of these people, these are the same people that gave Granit Xhaka, yes Granit Xhaka a new contract a guy with no market value whatsoever because he's not much good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    This is anothe reason I don't understand why the club took so long to sack Emery
    Out of interest, when do you think they should have sacked him?
    For once I don't really think they dragged their heels on this one but the lack of plan about what next is troubling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    For once I don't really think they dragged their heels on this one but the lack of plan about what next is troubling.
    Some people made a case for sacking him in the summer, but I think it was right to give him a bit longer the Sheff Utd result a shocker, but probably after Palace, we'd been poorly all season going back to the previous season, if not then then 100% after Wolves.

When you look at the performances at the tail end of last season and all the performances this season, really he should have been sacked before he was, as you said though a replacement should have been in place immediately, this scenario is a disaster we're dropping more and more points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Think he should have gone earlier but you are only talking weeks really. Not like august or September. We all thought we had a very good summer. Im hindsight spending 70m on a winger and not proper defenders looks foolish.

The board didnt want to sack him when they did hence no plan of what to do next or who. Am sure the board were hoping freddie could steady the ship and buy time.

Im Rafa we trust

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need footballing men at the top who can make the tough calls and have the foresight to see where things are going and hold the team to a certain standard.

Sarri wasn't deemed good enough despite finishing 3rd and winning the EL. If Emery delivered that he would have been given a new contract. Levels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    We need footballing men at the top who can make the tough calls and have the foresight to see where things are going and hold the team to a certain standard.

Sarri wasn't deemed good enough despite finishing 3rd and winning the EL. If Emery delivered that he would have been given a new contract. Levels.
    You're right, this club hasn't had football men for a long time, it started with Gazidis who profited massively from our failures and then walked away, the new guys again aren't really football men other than Edu and it's pretty clear.

Another day still no sign of a new manager, despite the horrendous results, unbelievable really, how long are they going to wait, until we're in the relegation zone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends what you define as football men. Do they have had to play football or be involved in football admin. As gazidis and sallehi are from a football admin background. Think the sallehi power grab is really hurting us. Minesalat sounded like the future planner particularly on the player front. But there seems to be no plan anymore.

We are 4 points ahead of the drop zone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are 4 points ahead of the drop zone.[/QUOTE]

It seems unreal. How the fuck can we be in this state?
    I used to love football, but now it is a dread to watch or hear the results.
    I am finding myself looking nervously at the results of the teams below us!
    I dread to think if we lose to the Spammers tomorrow night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    We are 4 points ahead of the drop zone.
    Do you really care that much? I don't. Not because we're losing. But because, around about 8 years ago, we stopped playing football that was worth watching. Tip tap. Tip tap. That's how they killed it for me. The dreadful, year upon year, relentless, tip tap. Can we qualify for the top 4 with tip tap? Will we get relegated with tip tap? I really don't care.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Do you really care that much? I don't. Not because we're losing. But because, around about 8 years ago, we stopped playing football that was worth watching. Tip tap. Tip tap. That's how they killed it for me. The dreadful, year upon year, relentless, tip tap. Can we qualify for the top 4 with tip tap? Will we get relegated with tip tap? I really don't care.
    I wish that I didn't care, I really do.
    But, after so many years of supporting Arsenal, it is difficult to just switch off.