User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vigil v Brighton (home)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd are the next three home league games. Oh dear.
    With these matches and the lineups Freddie is pushing out, I think its safe to say our season is over and we will probably finish at the bottom half of the table.

As for a quick fix, the only manager I can think of that could stabilize this team and stop us from this freefall immediately is Rafa and its mainly because he knows this league already.

Another mistake or more dithering could lead to a relegation fight. I really hoped this day would never come.
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 05-12-2019 at 10:40 PM. Reason: .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    To be honest this was always going to happen at some point, it took us years to get rid of Wenger which is where the rot started, had we got rid 5-6 years ago we wouldn't be where we are (he has to take a lot of the blame for this), Gazidis walked away when he should have also been sacked year ago, Emery should have been sacked in the summer and we should have replaced him with a manager immediately when he was, this is all down to the owners though, they don't care, to think people were happy that Kroenke bought Usmanov out....shocking!

We're in real trouble now, we need to get a top manager who has a rigid system like Allegri or Simeone, someone who can implement a bit of discipline and won't accept 2nd rate performances and poor effort.
    While I agree that Wenger had to go 5 years ago at least, we were never this shit under him. We used to beat these teams comfortably at home.

We have become a mid table team and it’s worrying because we are below Sheffield, Wolves and level on points with Newcastle and only a handful of points ahead of 18th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    With these matches and the lineups Freddie is pushing out, I think its safe to say our season is over and we will probably finish at the bottom half of the table.

As for a quick fix, the only manager I can think of that could stabilize this team and stop us from this freefall is Rafa and its mainly because he knows this league already.

Another mistake or more dithering could lead to a relegation fight. I really hoped this day would never come.
    Ljungberg is having a shocker to be honest, just a continuation of what we saw under Emery, can't believe he's still playing Xhaka.

We need a new manager now, I'd take Allegri or Simeone as well, proper disciplinarians.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post

As for a quick fix, the only manager I can think of that could stabilize this team and stop us from this freefall is Rafa and its mainly because he knows this league already.

I agree re Rafa. Would be a good appointment and I’m sure he’d swap us for the Chinese league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest this was always going to happen at some point, it took us years to get rid of Wenger which is where the rot started, had we got rid 5-6 years ago we wouldn't be where we are (he has to take a lot of the blame for this), Gazidis walked away when he should have also been sacked year ago, Emery should have been sacked in the summer and we should have replaced him with a manager immediately when he was, this is all down to the owners though, they don't care, to think people were happy that Kroenke bought Usmanov out....shocking!

We're in real trouble now, we need to get a top manager who has a rigid system like Allegri or Simeone, someone who can implement a bit of discipline and won't accept 2nd rate performances and poor effort.
    I agree 100% with you..... though I think the cheap andd smart compromise would be recruiting Rafa till the end of the season. Similar to what he did with the chavs that year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    While I agree that Wenger had to go 5 years ago at least, we were never this shit under him. We used to beat these teams comfortably at home.

We have become a mid table team and it’s worrying because we are below Sheffield, Wolves and level on points with Newcastle and only a handful of points ahead of 18th.
    We we're pretty rubbish to be fair playing boring football, but the league is stronger now with better teams, Wenger was already falling away when we finally sacked him. It all started there, he brought in sub standard players, wasting most of the money we had, allowed our best players to run down their contracts and leave and never ever had a go at his players even when they got thrashed and there were a fair few of those.

That's where it all started, again though we were too slow to replace Emery, that's sums up this club, lacking ambition and too slow to do anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People going on about Xhaka, what other options do we have? Guendouzi is a headless chicken who has no assists not any defensive nous and his display against Norwich was shocking. We don’t have anyone better than Xhaka and that’s why he plays every time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree re Rafa. Would be a good appointment and I’m sure he’d swap us for the Chinese league.
    I have said rafa before. He is used to coming into a crisis club. He has won things. He knows the league and more realistic than allegri and simone who would have a much steaper learning curve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, me too if we can't get Allegri

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ljungberg is having a shocker to be honest, just a continuation of what we saw under Emery, can't believe he's still playing Xhaka.

We need a new manager now, I'd take Allegri or Simeone as well, proper disciplinarians.
    Can't believe Freddie just sat on his arse at the end of that game instead of urging them on, total lack of leadership when they needed it