User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vigil v Brighton (home)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    People going on about Xhaka, what other options do we have? Guendouzi is a headless chicken who has no assists not any defensive nous and his display against Norwich was shocking. We don’t have anyone better than Xhaka and that’s why he plays every time.
    I agree xhaka has to play he is better than guendouzi and we have no one else. Letting ramsey go on a free was insane as we have no goals from midfield. Cant just rely on laca and auba

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    People going on about Xhaka, what other options do we have? Guendouzi is a headless chicken who has no assists not any defensive nous and his display against Norwich was shocking. We don’t have anyone better than Xhaka and that’s why he plays every time.
    Torreira should be playing in front of the defence, he's very good at that, Guendouzi has legs at least, can also play Luiz there as he's better in midfield, Chamber is better there as well, take your pick, Xhaka is just the favourite, he should be nowhere near the team on talent or due to his behaviour, he almost cost us a 3rd goal when he got caught o the ball.

Martinelli or Pepe should have started as well as should Tierney over Kolasinac.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Can't believe Freddie just sat on his arse at the end of that game instead of urging them on, total lack of leadership when they needed it
    He's not a leader, that's just not him and from what I can tell he's learnt from his predecessors which isn't a good thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Wow.

Man City next at home in the league.

Utter disaster of a season now, if it wasn't before. Would've gone 5th win a win, heady heights.

As it is, now well and truly mid table.
    We are in a relegation dog fight my friend. Make no mistake about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    I have said rafa before. He is used to coming into a crisis club. He has won things. He knows the league and more realistic than allegri and simone who would have a much steaper learning curve
    Most people looked past him because it seemed like we weren't in a crisis. I know that was the reason I did.

Anyway its clear now to everyone how serious this battle we face is.

I think more importantly we just need to stabilize our club and shelve our dreams of having a manager that would be the envy of our former rivals.
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 06-12-2019 at 07:59 PM. Reason: .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL - I forgot we were playing. Just seen the score now. Can't say it surprises me because Brighton are a well organised team.

I, like many others, warned that Wenger would transform this club into a mid-table team. And I apologise for that. I should have said relegation team.

Well, the season is an absolute write-off now, so no harm trying some really crazy shit.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we end up in a relegation fight, which is looking increasingly likely, who feels confident this team is equipped to deal with it?
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree xhaka has to play he is better than guendouzi and we have no one else. Letting ramsey go on a free was insane as we have no goals from midfield. Cant just rely on laca and auba
    Emery taking the deal of the the table was my first big gripe with him and I knew that decision would come back to haunt us in a big way.

Man the guy did a number on us!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed. Emery took the deal off the table. Then he had to rely on Ramsey. Aaron showed nothing but class and professionalism throughout that period right up to the day he left.

Now look at us.

Ughh
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    West ham away
    City home
    Everton away
    Bournemouth away
    Chelsea home
    We might get a draw vs the Hammers away.

Gypos is a guaranteed loss.

Everton away - maybe a draw.

Bournemouth away - we'll lose that one.

Chavs at home - a loss.

I'd say 2 points from 15 coming up. And that should plunge us into the relegation fight. We won't actually get relegated. In fact, somewhere along the line we'll probably string a few results together and finish in a mid-table spot. But if we don't sort out this shit at board and executive level we'll be in a genuine relegation scrap next season. And I have no confidence we'll sort it out, because it was the same Kroenke's who watched Wenger gut the whole operation, and the hired a limp-wristed replacement on the strength of a decent Powerpoint presentation (apparently). Klopp was the guy - we missed that. Then Pep - we missed that. Now it's Simeone but we won't even try. And, make no mistake, the next guy has to have as much power as Wenger did because plainly there's nobody else at the club who can make a decision worth pissing on. We can't be blaming Freddie for this - he's just a guy on the spot, one week into a nightmare. We'd better be blaming the wankers who watched the idiot stabbing holes in the hull every week while they fiddled on deck.
    Für eure Sicherheit