User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v West Ham (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is more like it.

Martinelli and Chambers must be regulars now.Luiz must never play again as he is a clown.

I hope Tierney is not too bad but Kola did show a bit of fire when he came on.

It was a much better performance in general and I'm relieved, albeit temporarily.

Did anyone see Torreira give DTs son, his shirt at the end ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    much less panic from Sokratis with Chambo alongside him - let's hope Luiz stays on the bench for Citeh
    That was probably the second most important thing Freddie got right today ( starting Torriera is the 1st)- breaking the calamitous partnerships of the three idiots: Sokratis, Luiz and Mustafi.

For our club to move on we really need to ensure they don't get to play together again and we ship each of them off as soon as we can (or do what Zim has been suggesting and only play Luiz as a DM).

I thought, Freddie lineup was an improvement, except for having Xhaka in it of course. I would have wished Tierreny could have done the whole 90 mins but hey.

Martinelli was really the guy who saved us today, one chance one goal. I'm really beginning to think we should give this season to our young guns as they seem to be the only guys who still have the fighting spirit in them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    That is more like it.

Martinelli and Chambers must be regulars now.Luiz must never play again as he is a clown.

I hope Tierney is not too bad but Kola did show a bit of fire when he came on.

It was a much better performance in general and I'm relieved, albeit temporarily.

Did anyone see Torreira give DTs son, his shirt at the end ?
    Great second half performance. Was shitting myself at 0-1.
    Martinelli is great! Tierney is fitting in well being so fucking injury prone. COYG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sokratis looks absolutely shit with the ball. I wouldnt want him starting our next game. I'd rather play Xhaka in central defense tbh, or just do the bleeding obvious and play holding.

Xhaka in CM kills all our attacks. Guendozi or Willock needs to take his place.

Ozil is a luxury player.. I do not how we benefit from his presence tbh. If Ceballos is fit, I'd rather play him there.

Torreira looked solid playing the ball from the back. I think all 3 of the goals had him bringing the ball out of the back. Wonder wtf Emery was trying to do with him.

Pepe & Martinelli were MOTM for me. Leno solid as usual.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to finally see a balanced team selection - looks like it took a while to shake off the nerves and relax into it, but you could see the difference it makes by the end. Hopefully that turnaround will be our ‘fuck it!’ moment, where the players stop being so bloody self-conscious and lose some of the self-pity.

Just a shame that Bellerin, Tierney and Holding can’t stay fit for more than 5 seconds - really limiting our options at the back (and maybe midfield too, if Chambers and AMN are still options there)...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mean to downplay the kid but Martinelli is the greatest Brazillian player ever.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good win, helps when you pick the right playerts, though Xhaka is a waste of space and should never play again, the amount of times he gave away the ball, a real liability, what is the managers' obsession with this guy, he's hopeless.

Martinelli who most fans have wanted to start for a while got us back in it, Pepe who again fans thought should start then put us ahead, almost as if the fans know better than the people in charge, having said that it really isn't that hard to pick the most logical team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Good to finally see a balanced team selection - looks like it took a while to shake off the nerves and relax into it, but you could see the difference it makes by the end. Hopefully that turnaround will be our ‘fuck it!’ moment, where the players stop being so bloody self-conscious and lose some of the self-pity.

Just a shame that Bellerin, Tierney and Holding can’t stay fit for more than 5 seconds - really limiting our options at the back (and maybe midfield too, if Chambers and AMN are still options there)...
    Very true, amazes me how we've had a succession of people in charge now that are incapable of differentiating between our better players, they're getting paid to do this and can't do it properly which is strange, the average fan seems to have a better idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Sokratis looks absolutely shit with the ball. I wouldnt want him starting our next game. I'd rather play Xhaka in central defense tbh, or just do the bleeding obvious and play holding.

Xhaka in CM kills all our attacks. Guendozi or Willock needs to take his place.

Ozil is a luxury player.. I do not how we benefit from his presence tbh. If Ceballos is fit, I'd rather play him there.

Torreira looked solid playing the ball from the back. I think all 3 of the goals had him bringing the ball out of the back. Wonder wtf Emery was trying to do with him.

Pepe & Martinelli were MOTM for me. Leno solid as usual.
    agree with most of that, though i think Ozil does a bit more than people give him credit for, but he was guilty of lapsing into Wengerball too often

on Holding, the website says he has a bruised knee but was being considered for the Hammers game so would be great to see him back alongside Chambo for the next game, even if Citeh isn't the ideal return game i'd rather a 90% Holding was in there ahead of Sokratis...

You're right that Torreira played a part in all three of the goals, moving the ball forward well, i also think his tackling decisions are getting better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mustafi and Luiz must leave, even if its only on loan, in January.

Another CB must be brought in on loan until the end of the season unless Mavropanos is deemed good enough, which surely he is.

I'd forgotten about Ceballos, I hope he is fit soon.

I'm not sure if there is a place for Lacazette now as Martinelli and Pepe must play either side of Auba.

I'm a bit surprised and a bit disappointed that Rafa Benitez is not going to be the next manager as he has a lot of experience of English football at all levels.