User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Training session v Citeh (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean it’s just embarrassing as much as anything else. Is there any other club of our size in the world who has to pull the head of their academy away from his duties because the first team doesn’t have any coaches? What a mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was no point holding on to any of Wengers men. They were part of the problem. Men with sight that refused to see the calamity unfolding slowly before their eyes. Even with Wenger gone and Emery`s 18 months its still as if nothing has changed. Our concept of the game is so not fit for purpose. The first goal came from Fernandinho running past 3 players and no one put in a tackle. No one. It then ends up with our defence who as we know would take flight at the sight of 3 hard charging Bambi`s coming at them.

The club needs a clearout if possible. Every person involved in the training and recruitment regime who has been here in the last 5 years is tainted with the same redundant philosophy. Our transition is slow, we never takes shots from outside the box. We cannot sense danger and snuff it out unless its already 10 yards from the keeper and then we all collectively panic. No leaders, no fight, no playing style. Its as if the disease of a decade has filtered through like a contagion. every single player has it. AMN wakes up each morning feeling like hes won a 100 million lottery. At which other club would a clearly inferior player like him get so much playing time. Ozil thinks as long as he makes 2 killer passes a game, he is worth his mighty coin and why would anyone dare take him off. He sees players like KDB making a difference to his team but doesnt care. He has a WC winners medal after all. Guendueozi, should be in the reserves, he is a nothing player at the moment, that kid Davies at Everton is a much better player and only plays a bit part for them and is far from a complete player, However Guen is a bedrock of this sad team

A new manager of a new mindset is needed, even in a short term capacity. Freddie will relegate us, he is part and parcel of the bad system, so he cant see his way to fixing it. i see Freddie, I see Merts behind him, that gangly, cowardly, dopey giraffe. I see failure
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 16-12-2019 at 07:45 AM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m telling you this team can’t be fixed. There’s just so much wrong with it you don’t even know where to begin, there isn’t a single redeeming quality that gives you a case for encouragement.

You put Pepe in Liverpool’s team and I bet he’d be like Mane. Auba would score 50 goals in City’s team, hell even the gutless wonder that is Ozil might deliver KDB’s numbers.

No one is played to their strengths because of this rancid, outdated style of play that is now merely a remnant from Wenger’s heyday. No one knows any other way of playing football at this club because it’s so ingrained into the fabric. Perfectly good players have lost all value and reputation now they‘ve been through our muddy waters.

Everything needs a facelift, we’re so far behind the curve now it’s unreal. I remember when we used to be trendsetters, now it feels like we’re only just discovering HD TV while everyone else has 4K, 5K or whatever the fuck it is these days.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 16-12-2019 at 08:24 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    That fucker started it all and he was the one that bought Ozil, Kola, Xhaka, Sokratis and Mustafi and probably a few others as well.
    A squad that finished a couple of points of 4th last year and got to the Europa League final

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    If he was still in charge, Arsenal would be in the bottom 3 now.
    If Mourinho was our manager we'd be top now.
    See? I can make up unverifiable bollocks too. Fun, isn't it?
    My ripose is - no, no we wouldn't. My evidence for that is this is our worst start since long, long before Wenger was our manager.
    At no point during his tenure were we anywhere near the bottom 3 at this stage of the season.
    His last season was the only one in 22 years when we didn't finish either in or close to the top 4. The season after he left we went close again.
    The squad he left us with certainly needed work but it wasn't that bad.
    If you're going to claim it was then you're going to have to explain to me how the year after he left we went close to top 4 and got to the Europa League Final.

Do you want Arsenal to win or do you enjoy saying this shit after every defeat, too much ?
    Both, tbh. Those two things are not contradictory.
    Not shit though, is it? People like you have been shown to be wrong. It's not really debatable any more, you just need to look at the results.
    But you can keep pretending you were right if you like

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Good question on Sky for a change. Should Arsenal have got rid of Emery/

Answer. Obviously no. what has moving from an experienced manager who can't do a fuck with this rabble, to an inexperienced manager who can't do a fuck with this rabble actually given us?
    I don't think it was an error getting rid of Emery. But it was an error getting rid of him with no plan about who to replace him with
    That's the bit that makes me facepalm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobson's choice View Post
    Spurs were already a good team, with a strong Foundation.
    They finished a point above us last season.
    I literally don't understand why people keep sucking their cocks and saying what a terrible squad we have.
    But for our ridiculous collapse we would have easily finished above them and in the top 4 last season.

Literally last season we finished 2 points off top 4 and got to the Europa League final. Last season!
    EDIT: We got 70 points last year, and that was with the collapse. That is enough to be top 6 in every season for as long as I could be bothered checking, it would have been top 4 in many of those seasons.

This is not a mid-table squad and I refuse to believe the right manager can't get more out of this lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our club is being skull fucked with the curtains open

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MO has nailed it in his post.

There is so much wrong with this Club that it doesn’t matter who we target to take over.

Any target worth their salt would run a mile from this mess.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disagree, for the reasons I've outlined.
    Last year we were close to top 4, we really should have finished in the top 4 - you yourself said that Wenger would have got us finishing top 4 with that run-in.
    And we got to a major European final.

We are a mess but I refuse to believe the right manager wouldn't come in and have a significant impact.