User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Snooze Reaction v Everton (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    More clicks for them I guess.

The best part of this article was a quote from Freddie:

You can read between the generously spaced lines on that one. I hope Freddie stays and works with the new team. Personally, I think he did okay considering the almost total wreck he was parachuted into.
    I've enjoyed his complete honesty in the interviews he's done. Very refreshing following the years of Wenger deflection and then the incoherent ramblings of Emery. Saying that Ozil would have been dropped anyway if he hadnt been injured

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    More clicks for them I guess.

The best part of this article was a quote from Freddie:

You can read between the generously spaced lines on that one. I hope Freddie stays and works with the new team. Personally, I think he did okay considering the almost total wreck he was parachuted into.
    It wasn’t just that he was dealt an incredibly bad hand - you’ve also got to keep in mind that, as a caretaker, he had almost no power and authority. The players knew that they’d outlast him, and, even if his stint had run into January, he was never going to be given a budget to make changes - what can you really do under those circumstances?

For all Freddie knew, he may have had to rely on these same players until May, so he’s not had much choice but to keep the senior players on board. Could just be a coincidence, but it’s amazing how quickly that changed once a permanent hire was made - that felt like a real ‘fuck you!’ team selection yesterday.

I agree - I hope he stays on. We know Arteta (head of the first team) and Mertesacker (head of the academy) already have a strong working relationship, and Ljungberg could provide a vital bridge between the two for young players making the transition (basically the same role he had at the start of the season).
    Last edited by I am invisible; 22-12-2019 at 04:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to see some pride instilled back into representing Arsenal. Any player that isn't on board needs to be shipped out. I have some hope that Arteta, Per and Edu all get that. Hopefully Freddie stays on as well.