User Tag List

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Arteta Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A Gunner View Post
    I'm getting a good vibe with Arteta compare to Emery. Hope this works out!
    Aye, he seems to genuinely have a Plan and I get the vibe he will actively try and address what are the "PROBLEM" areas in the team / squad.
    It was evident on yesterdays showing that he has implemented structural / tactical changes to the balance of the team and the players were responding to it by carrying out these changes.

He / we have a long way to go, this team is mentally, physically and tactically damaged through years of mismanagement. This season is absolutely a write off so I am prepared to give Arteta a fair bit of time to implement his philosophy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like he’s pushing inverted fullbacks already - wondered if he’d try that, especially with AMN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Pepe can sort his head out, he can be our Mahrez/Silva. Arteta must surely see his potential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know some didn't want Ancelotti, IMO someone like him Allegri or Simeone was what we needed given our position, but he's now won 2 out of 2 and Everton who were struggling just as much as us are now above us.

Instant impact, just like Mourinho had, would have preferred that myself, was underwhelmed with the draw against out of form lowly Bournemouth who sit 2 points and 2 positions from the relegation places, they lost today as well, expected better than that.

Arteta better start getting results fast, starting with a win tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We wouldn't be Arsenal if we didnt try the stupid option first. Then the dumb option next. A club who really wanted to change the losers paradigm would have gone all out for Simeone even if we have to wait till the summer This Arteta leap of faith had better work out
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would anyone as good as Simeone want to come here though? Even if we could somehow persuade him to join us why would he choose us over United, Chelsea or City (if Pep leaves). They all have better squads and more resources than us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn’t matter now. We have our new appointment, so I don’t see this being an issue for at least 18 months.

It is a small sample so it would be wrong to conclude much from what has gone on to date. That being the case he has:

said the right things,

has articulated the gap between the fans and the team,

a clear understanding of what is wrong and needs to be done; and most importantly,

the players are responding to him.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah there was a good interview with Luiz and Socratis after the game yesterday, saying how they understood what Arteta's doing and believed in it

he's certainly improved Luiz beyond what i thought was possible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The annoying thing about Luiz is that when he's in that kind of mood, he can actually be an exceptional CB. Aggressive, composed, ball distribution and he's also a great leader. Everything you want really.

Hope Arteta can keep the awful side to his game buried...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think we got Arteta at the right time

Hiring him now means he's got 18 months more experience under Pep, plus with Emery we know what 'bad' really looks like, which i think will buy Arteta some time and goodwill as he works on improving things

the fans are really behind him in a way i'm not sure they would have been if he'd got it first time around