User Tag List

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Arteta Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Qualified for the ESL at the first attempt
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arteta is easily going to have the best hair in the ESL.

Pep
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paella Pulis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i think we got Arteta at the right time
    me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know we may still get through next week. Although given our form is in the gutter I'm not expecting much.

But looking at the wider picture it's getting really difficult to defend Mikel. Last night was a disaster class, from experimenting with the line up in our biggest game of the season to then compounding it with a failure to make decisive changes (a common theme now). If we do crash out next week there will be sharper focus on our league position which is significantly worse than what we saw under Emery.

I have desperately wanted him to succeed. He always speaks well and I think he genuinely cares for the club. But actions speak louder than words and it does feel like the job is too big for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    definitely, he's been well and truly found out

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's an embarrassment.

There is no excuse for last night unless its purely down to being an amatuer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    I have desperately wanted him to succeed. He always speaks well and I think he genuinely cares for the club. But actions speak louder than words and it does feel like the job is too big for him.
    Pretty much.

I like him and at times he seemed to be trying to build something. At times there has been more shape about the team. But the results have been poor, a mid-table finish with our squad and resources is nowhere near good enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    definitely, he's been well and truly found out
    He was found out months ago but we were all too blinded by faith to see it.

This has been a mess of a season, only for 6 weeks or so after Christmas have we even remotely looked like a capable team. It has otherwise been unbelievably shit.

Maybe we will turn up next week, who knows, you wouldn’t put it beyond us, but should it always take wobbling on the edge of disaster to get up for something?

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our play is like watching the day after tomorrow

We start from Leno and slowly, very slowly, make a million passes between each player to move 4 feet up the pitch.

No speed, no pace, no drive, just slow and methodical plodding.

If we lose possession, it's like we've been killed and wake up back at Leno again

Also, what the hell is with playing out to the wing on every single attack?!?

Go through the middle, make a run, a through ball, anything, have a shot FFS!

Nothing.

Three times in the second half, we had a counter attack opportunity.

1. Leno just stood there and held on to the ball until everyone bar the defence was left within a 5 metre distance of him and then he passes to the nearest player.

2. A ball kicked out of defence to Saka who had Martinelli running with him on his left, he got a few yards forward and then just stopped dead, ignored Martinelli and passed it backwards across the pitch to Xhaka

3. By this point I was busy adjusting the noose, so I missed exactly what happened.

I'm sorry, but Arteta has used up most of his goodwill with me. If he fucks this up - I'm done.
    Last edited by KSE Comedy Club; 30-04-2021 at 08:29 AM.