User Tag List

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Arsenal v Chelsea, 14:00 GMT (29/12, SS Main Event)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel sick to the stomach with the result, but there are definitely signs Arteta can turn this around.

I'm more angry with Raul and co not being more decisive on Emery when it was clear he was done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    He's had 2 games dude. And both have shown improvement. What are you expecting? This is going to be a long, long process. The damage Wenger did is total. It killed every aspect of the club. It can't be fixed in the short term.
    Oh I’m not knocking Arteta. The 2 games have had some encouraging signs but we need results. Now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The damage Wenger did is total. It killed every aspect of the club. It can't be fixed in the short term.
    You're not going to be on Letters Christmas card list saying things like that.

Sometimes I think Letters IS Wenger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's had 2 games dude. And both have shown improvement. What are you expecting? This is going to be a long, long process. The damage Wenger did is total. It killed every aspect of the club. It can't be fixed in the short term.
    I think he officially started working with the players last Sunday, so that’s 7 days. Of those 7 days, 2 were match days and one was Christmas Day, so it’s not a great deal of time to affect change - not with a squad (and club) with as many fundamental problems as we have, and with as many injuries as we have in one area. Happy with the signs I’ve seen so far...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Oh I’m not knocking Arteta. The 2 games have had some encouraging signs but we need results. Now.
    We had a shape to our play. Can you even imagine it in your wildest dreams? I'm settling for that. If I see the same again next week them I'll be excited. I'm right back on the training ground, with the basics. Undoing everything that has gone on with this club for what seems like an eternity. I just want to see us being able to play as well as Wolves or Sheffield. The very basics. I've seen that and I'm happy. Next week we work on stupid fucking mistakes and concentration for 90 minutes. And, some time in 2022, we'll have it perfected. I'm under absolutely no illusions here.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Feel sick to the stomach with the result, but there are definitely signs Arteta can turn this around.

I'm more angry with Raul and co not being more decisive on Emery when it was clear he was done.
    They fucked up hiring Emery in the first place. So, so wrong for us. A continuation of Wenger. The most Wenger like appointment they could have ever made. Cowardice. Complacency. The status quo. These guys have already proven they don't have what it takes. And they'll have to go too, before Arteta can have a genuine chance.

Much rests on the Kroekne mob getting involved with this club. Stan never will. Josh might. If he does, and he might, then maybe we have a chance. Even if not, if you look at Leicester, there are other ways to do this.

So far, I'm super impressed with Arteta. I watched Nelson and Auba and Ozil and wondered - why are they playing so well now, all of a sudden. It's not because of Raul or Kroenke, is it?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    You're not going to be on Letters Christmas card list saying things like that.

Sometimes I think Letters IS Wenger.
    The season after Wenger left we were a couple of points off 4th and got to the Europa League final.
    That’s what the squad Wenger left us with was able the achieve.
    That’s not my opinion, it’s what happened.
    Since then we’ve had a transfer window to improve the squad.
    So spare me the bollox about what a mess he left us in.
    It’s honestly quite pathetic how people who spent years saying that Wenger was so incompetent that anyone would come in and immediately improve things are now, when that has been shown conclusively to be bollox, desperately trying to change the narrative to how of course we can’t improve because of the mess Wenger left us in