User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction - Arsenal 1-2 The Cavs and their ref

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea were commiting a foul per minute and somehow ended up with only four bookings compared to five for Arsenal.

That tells you everything about this utter cretin of a referee.

This and the fact we're going through another injury spree will be overlooked by a mindless media feeding the crisis angle and fuckwit fans who had already set their agenda.

The most important thing is though, despite the limitations and difficulties he's been sledgehammered with in his first week in the job, Arteta has made an instant improvement to so many aspects of our play. And that gives hope despite the results being altered by the ref.

If he can do so much with this shit, it bodes well for what will happen when he's able to mould his squad properly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Had to kick us to win. Had to buy the ref to allow the kicking.

Great performance by us, until we ran out of steam and the usual mistakes crept in.
    Is it just me who thinks we are in a relegation dog fight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was almost inevitable once we lost Chambo, mustafi and luiz will nevwr keep a clean sheet.

Felt really sorry for Leno, but while i thought Chelski were a bunch of c**ts with all their cynical tackles you have to adm5 they built up huge pressure and we juat couldn't deal with it

Arteta has to ger the club to give him a budget for better CBs, and he has to play Auba in the middle, Laca is shot at the moment

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should be able to eek out 16 more draws to reach 40 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    This was the issue for me. Good teams who sit back and defend still do something at the other end. We didn’t and because of that Chelsea could push further up without having to worry about being countered. It was a shocker from Leno but inviting pressure is never a good idea unless it’s methodical. For us it felt like we were hell bent on defending the 1-0 like our lives depended on it but gave no thought for what we could do to Chelsea to make them sweat.
    Ha, ha. We're not a good team. What bit don't you get? We're starting from the very beginning. We're the Jamaican bobsleigh team. Think of it that way. Thanks Wenger.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing I've seen has convinced me that Guendouzi is ready for the big time. Plays like a rank amateur most of the time
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Took too long making changes again if you ask me.

I don't know why Willock keeps being the first alternative.
    I think if you look at Nelson's performance today you will see why a coach with a bit of savvy like Willock. Willock is a very, very good football player. In a very, very bad team.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Nothing I've seen has convinced me that Guendouzi is ready for the big time. Plays like a rank amateur most of the time
    If/when Xhaka is sold he will be one of the first names on the team sheet. Which sums it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    I think today was about the team/. They played as a team, for the first time in - I don't know. We won that match quite easily, but the ref and the result book says otherwise. Unfortunately, it's the corrupt interpretation (like so much in life) that dictates reality. But leaving aside the fantasy of reality, we played very well. When's the last time you can say we played really well?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Is it just me who thinks we are in a relegation dog fight?
    We might be. And we deserve to be. You can't neglect a team so badly as Wenger did and expect no consequences. This is a big boy's league, with all the money and all the cheating and every other non-football factor that actually makes up the final points tally. You accept it and you learn how to compete in the utterly corrupt environment. Wenger never understood it. And, as paragon of football, it's maybe a good thing he didn't - in a fairy at the end of the garden sort of way. But principles don't change results. I liked the way we bossed the chavs today. It wasn't pure, it's wasn't Cryuff. But it's PL football. We aren't back to reality quite yet. But Arteta has shown he knows what reality is. This is very encouraging. I don't hate Wenger for his purity, in fact I love him for that, I hate him for his naivety.
    Für eure Sicherheit