User Tag List

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal v Manchester United, 20:00 GMT (01/01, BT Sport 1)

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal v Manchester United, 20:00 GMT (01/01, BT Sport 1)

Firstly, Happy New Year.

Secondly, Martinelli is back in training so all is right with the world.

Well apart from the Mustafi - David Luiz dream team at the back.

Hopefully Holding has a Lazarus-like recovery in his first training session back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    United have got results in all the big games this season. I can quite easily see us losing this on the counter but I suppose if we have the same application again we might have a chance, not holding my breath though, of course.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on it's not that bad.... Is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3-0
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Come on it's not that bad.... Is it?
    I honestly can’t remember the last time I’ve gone in to every game expecting us to lose or at best draw.
    One of the reasons for Liverpool’s insane form is they have developed this winning mentality - they go into every game knowing they’re going to win. We seem to have done the reverse, we go into every game riddled with self-doubt and the opposition know we are there for the taking.

It’s grim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I honestly can’t remember the last time I’ve gone in to every game expecting us to lose or at best draw.
    One of the reasons for Liverpool’s insane form is they have developed this winning mentality - they go into every game knowing they’re going to win. We seem to have done the reverse, we go into every game riddled with self-doubt and the opposition know we are there for the taking.

It’s grim.
    That’s pretty much it.

Man U have done well in the big games, they will be equally as tough as Chelsea.

I’m more confident than I was last week but as you say, we just can’t win anymore, even against Chelsea where we were 9 minutes away from getting all 3 points.

Wouldn’t be surprised if this ended up 1-3. Mustafi, no LB, no CDM alongside Torreira (unless Xhaka is back) etc make this a tall order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its grim, but I think it will get better. Maybe not tonight but by the end of the season. Arteta has a huge job on his hands and our injury list is horrible at the moment. But once players start returning and he has more time with them on the training ground I think we'll see an upturn in results. Hopefully we can dig out a result tonight but its going to be very difficult.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve certainly got it all against us for this one...

- pretty much the entire defence is out
    - there’s no options from the bench to make tactical changes
    - half the senior players are uncommitted
    - we can only manage about 30-45 minutes at the intensity that we need to be playing at
    - it’s the tail-end of a busy Christmas schedule where we haven’t been able to rotate

Honestly, I think this is one of those ‘let’s just get it out of the way so we can regroup‘ kind of games.

I’ll be keep an interested eye on how we play in that opening 30-45 - things like shape, pressing, how quickly we come out of the blocks, etc - but I’m really not expecting much out of the result...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doom and gloom aside, what options do we have to make a fight out of it?

How do we deal with LB if Saka is out?

Is anyone useful back from injury?

We know united like a fast counter, so how do we set up to play against that?