User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction: Woy's Bus 1-1 Arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    Disappointing result at the end of the game but considering all factors, we should be pleased.

Good performances from most of the defence especially Kola and Luiz, though obviously the brain fart moments still popped up.

Our goal was pretty good and was probably the highlight of the whole attacking performance today.

Though our attack was kind of poor today, the link up play between the front 3 and Ozil has improved. Although, Ozil was definitely more quiet today and the whole team felt it.

Now for Pepe, what does one say? Definitely he did not look like a £70 million player today and though the Diver also had a quiet game for the other side, I still think that money would have been better spent on him- or better yet retaining the other attacking players we already had and dealing with our defensive quirks.

The thing about him is the longer he has to think, the worse his end product is - which clearly indicates nerves are his problem, but how long is he going to keep battling with that? Great on dead ball situations, good when he's forced to play instinctive shots or passes.... but once he's faced with more than one option, he always seems to mess it up. Don't think he should be an automatic starter and believe Martinelli should see more game time.

Also kudos to the Rookie coach, he got the most important decision of the game right today. Once Palace had equalised and we got the red card, practically all his predecessors would have caved in and made defensive subs- he didn't and thats the main reason we got something from this game and could have even won it. Well played Arteta.
    We used to have a player like that. His name was Theo Walcott.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that's the case then no need to judge Pepe until 2032.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really sure what to say? I mean it’s irritating as hell when every opponent gets to make 10 fouls to every 1 of ours before they see a card, but it’s never going to change - the officials don’t care, the FA don’t care, the media and pundits don’t care, rival fans don’t care... the only people who do seem to care is us, so unfortunately that makes it our problem. Might not be much we can do here but use it to build a siege mentality, work on our discipline and train ourselves to better cope with adversity and injustice.

Same goes for teams parking the bus - we haven’t had to deal with this for a while, but it’s also nothing new to this club either. Something else we’re just going to have to find an answer to. As soon as opponents know we can crack it then they’ll stop doing it.

I’m actually not too despondent after this result, but it has been a bit of a reality-check - we look far more solid and structured than we were, and I’m really happy with that progress after just a couple of weeks (esp. given some of the liabilities we have to work with). But, whilst we might be harder to beat now, we’ve also clearly got weeks / months of work ahead of us before we’re more than that.

Challenges, but at least I think we might be capable of finding solutions to them now, so there’s something to take an interest in again...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another league game with no win.

Must be heading for one of the lowest win totals we’ve had this season surely?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What’s the record for the most draws in a season?

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    17 apparently.

Newcastle United, 2003/2004.
    Aston Villa, 2011/2012.
    Sunderland, 2014/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Must be heading for one of the lowest win totals we’ve had this season surely?
    Think it’ll probably be the highest win totals we’ve had this season too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Think it’ll probably be the highest win totals we’ve had this season too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointing result, we didn't create much at all before the subs. Ozil to me was absent, mainly because of that right side with Maitland Niles and Pepe. If Maitland Niles is gonna play on the right, Pepe can't play in front of him. AMN has clearly been told to sit more, so it's really all on whoever is playing on the right to generate and create something and Pepe just don't look up to it.

He seems to have no confidence in taking on whomever is marking him. He lacks ball skills, and seems rather uncoordinated.

I hope it's just a 1st season thing. But he doesn't look the part of 70 million player at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pepe annoyed the hell out of me today and could have won us the game with a simple pass..... but I think he'll be fine in the long run. Not sure why we are persisting with Laca. He was pivotal for the goal but recently he has been horrendous in front offensively.

Even before Palace fluked their equaliser, I didn't think we were proving enough of a threat throughout most the game.

We were 10th going into this game, so as far as I'm concerned every time we don't win it's dropped points.

Ayew must be in the top 10 most annoying players in the league.