User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Match Reaction: Woy's Bus 1-1 Arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unpopular opinion: Girond was better than Lacazette and I can see why he was favoured in the French team for recent tournaments.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Unpopular opinion: Girond was better than Lacazette and I can see why he was favoured in the French team for recent tournaments.
    Not sure about that but Giroud was massively underrated by a lot of Arsenal fans.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seen a few highlights. Good goal from us. Poxy luck for the equaliser.
    Auba's red , yeah, I'll give them that one. Was pretty nasty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Not really sure what to say? I mean it’s irritating as hell when every opponent gets to make 10 fouls to every 1 of ours before they see a card, but it’s never going to change - the officials don’t care, the FA don’t care, the media and pundits don’t care, rival fans don’t care... the only people who do seem to care is us, so unfortunately that makes it our problem. Might not be much we can do here but use it to build a siege mentality, work on our discipline and train ourselves to better cope with adversity and injustice.

Same goes for teams parking the bus - we haven’t had to deal with this for a while, but it’s also nothing new to this club either. Something else we’re just going to have to find an answer to. As soon as opponents know we can crack it then they’ll stop doing it.

I’m actually not too despondent after this result, but it has been a bit of a reality-check - we look far more solid and structured than we were, and I’m really happy with that progress after just a couple of weeks (esp. given some of the liabilities we have to work with). But, whilst we might be harder to beat now, we’ve also clearly got weeks / months of work ahead of us before we’re more than that.

Challenges, but at least I think we might be capable of finding solutions to them now, so there’s something to take an interest in again...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    On current form it's surprisingly hard to argue against that, but Giroud is a second rate striker and will always be one. Lacazette can be so much more than what we're seeing, which in some ways makes it all the more frustrating that he's not kicking on.

I would still take Lacazette over Giroud any day of the week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    On current form it's surprisingly hard to argue against that, but Giroud is a second rate striker and will always be one. Lacazette can be so much more than what we're seeing, which in some ways makes it all the more frustrating that he's not kicking on.

I would still take Lacazette over Giroud any day of the week.

but we do need Laca to score very soon...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're different strikers. I was never sold on Giroud but I don't believe Lacazette is that much better and if he is, it isn't by much. Both have had similar careers but it's actually Giroud who has played in far more successful teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Giround Lacazette comparison isn't a fair one, Giroud was basically our main striker, everything went through him at a time when we created a lot of chances, his finishing was pretty terrible though and he use to go on long barren runs even though he was the in the centre of things, will never forget when he played in the Euros for France and was put through 1-1 and absolutely fluffed it

Lacazette isn't central to our game, as we now have several strikers, he's also playing in a time when we don't create much. His chasing back is also far better than Girouds ever was.

He's out of form at the moment, but is a much better finisher than Giroud IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've pretty much ended up with each other's jobs: Giroud always felt like a 'plan B' / 'horses for courses' striker, and would have provided a welcome alternate threat to Aubameyang in this current Arsenal side; whereas Lacazette always looks like he offers an inferior version of the same option that Auba gives us in this current team, and probably could have been the main man in Giroud's Arsenal, where we always needed more mobility up top.