User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction Arsenal 1-1 Sheff Utd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why take Lacazette off and put 14 year old Nketiah on, who looked like a boy playing in a mens match for the first time ?

It would have been a miracle keeping a clean sheet with dumber and even dumber playing as central defenders so its not a surprise that Arsenal conceded one goal.

Arsenal are a mid-table team and everyone will have to accept it, for the rest of this season at least.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    We haven't hit 30 points after 23 games. That's pure mid-table dross. Wenger's legacy.
    No Wenger season - even his last, which was by far his worst - was anywhere near this bad.
    I don't even know if there's been an Arsenal season this bad since we went down before World War I.

The season after Wenger left we got 70 points, we really should have got more and finished top 4, we weren't far away.
    We scored more goals than anyone outside the top 2
    And we got to the Europa League final.
    That's what Wenger's squad (more or less) was able to achieve after he left.
    A reasonable platform to build on and push on.
    It's all went to shit this year under Emery.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    On the plus side, doesn’t look like we’ll be qualifying for the EL through the league at least. Can’t be bothered with that shit next season.
    7th is likely to be opened up for the Europa League. So yeah probably right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    7th is likely to be opened up for the Europa League. So yeah probably right.
    Nobody is safe then?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another poor result, same players being rewarded despite average performances, who'd have thought hiring a rookie might have made no difference to results whatsoever?

I'm not liking Arteta's decision making so far, poor subs often too late, not dynamic enough and he's giving certain players a free ride, needs to improve big time and fast.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arteta would not have been my choice but there were a few encouraging signs early on and he's saying the right things.
    I genuinely can't believe how terrible we are but I wouldn't write Arteta off quite yet.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 wins in 6 is better than 1 win in 10 tbf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    2 wins in 6 is better than 1 win in 10 tbf.
    6 points out of 15 and one win against a lower division team, the improvement is negligible at best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    MOTM Saka though. Excellent from an 18 yr old. Very composed. Very competent. Wasted in this shit show. Martinelli was busy but he makes things complicated for himself. Got the goal because he got into the danger zone - which Laca and Pepe seemed allergic to.

Pepe must be watching Gervinho videos in training. His main strength is nobody can guess what he'll do next, including himself.

All the signs of a coherent team performance from a few games ago - gone. Back to normal.
    He did well, though somebody needs to tell him to just put his flipping foot through it when he's clearing the ball.

They targeted his side the whole game but we weren't punished because of it really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    Martinelli and Saka slumming it with lacklustre senior players who have little nouse, composure or technique.

Pepe is impressive in how even the one thing in ten he gets right looks like a fluke. So far, he's genuinely not even half as good as Gervinho.

Remember when Ozil hustled for a few games? Even then he was creating next to nothing and now he's doing neither which means he's the same pointless player he has been for multiple season now.

Lacazette is all bluster without any threat.

Mustafi and Xhaka are Mustafi and Xhaka.

If Arteta can't get anything out of these flops, then he has to give other players a chance, otherwise he's just as bad WUMger and Emery in rewarding experience that has so far given nothing in return.

Also, Pepe obviously jumped into the player's leg for the pelanty shout, but these are given every week to cheats like Zaha, Sterling, Mane, Kane, Salah, Alli and Vardy. So another game where the officials decide to alter their rules on a whim.
    I thought Ozil turned the ball over 3/4 times today which must be up there with anybody else and Pepe was certainly a lot better than the last game.

Unfortunately I don't think we're really going to get any better defensively, so we are going to need to be more ruthless.