User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction Arsenal 1-1 Sheff Utd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all my fault, i caught myself thinking with ten minutes to go that we'd probably won, and then...

This is the first arteta game when i felt we were not up to scratch throughout except parts of the second half, but we weren't clinical and then at times we seemed to revert to Wengerball a bit which didn't help

I noticed arteta was about to bring Guendouzi on just before they scored but then he didn't.

If that had been done before the goal, maybe we'd given them something new to think about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Sideways. Sideways. Backwards. Backwards. Slooooooooooow.
    Arteta, Wenger, Emery out.
    Mid table shit.
    Not worth it anymore. 😴

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just proof we need a clearout

Mustafi, xhaka and one or two others need to go so Arteta can get the type of players he needs, ones that won't play sideways or backwards all the time until they get it wrong and give the ball away in a dangerous poaition.

Both of them played passes that nearlyled to Utd goals yesterday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Strange to think there are (or were) fans who thought we could still finish 4th.

This team has only won 6 fucking games all season. Get real.

A point closer to the magic 40 mark though.

Arteta proving his credentials.

Like you, my eye is on the magic 40 points.
    This team is a million miles away from top 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is something intrinsically wrong with this team. They are so wired into repetitive passing. There was an incident where one of our players ran into the box, received a pass and unbelievably passed it right back. Why run into the box to receive a pass if not to take a shot. That's why we spend a whole 90 mins and take only 2 or 3 shots all game. I despair for this team. They simply dont want to win badly enough.

More than anything, there is no way you can expect great things of a team that has so many dumb players like Ozil, Xhaka, AMN, Mustafi. They are certified mediocrity. No getting around that.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously i agree on xhaka and mustafi, but slighrly reluctantly i've also got to agree on ozil, he had 2-3 shooting opportunities yesterday but always chose to pass or deploy his increasingly-used dummy - though tbf if Laca was using his wits he'd have been ready for it and maybe scored instead of fumbling the moment

As for AMN, i believe he can get better, he's already improved enormously and if he accepts the RB role i think could be a good player for us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    There is something intrinsically wrong with this team. They are so wired into repetitive passing. There was an incident where one of our players ran into the box, received a pass and unbelievably passed it right back. Why run into the box to receive a pass if not to take a shot. That's why we spend a whole 90 mins and take only 2 or 3 shots all game. I despair for this team. They simply dont want to win badly enough.

More than anything, there is no way you can expect great things of a team that has so many dumb players like Ozil, Xhaka, AMN, Mustafi. They are certified mediocrity. No getting around that.
    The most bizarre moment (and one of the weirdest things I've seen on a football pitch) was when AMN had the ball wide right just past the half way and with Pepe maybe 10-15 yards ahead of him on the sideline. AMN gets the ball. Pepe then RUNS BACK towards his own goal, beyond AMN and then makes himself available for the BACKWARDS pass from AMN. I couldn't believe my eyes. They were actually putting in extra effort to be as negative as possible.

Oh, and then Pepe immediately gave the ball away and stranded AMN, IIRC. Or maybe that was one of the other countless times he misplaced the simplest of passes. Not just him. But all of them. Arsenal, pass masters to past it.

I have a feeling this might be round 2 of Arteta's requirements. You get the basics down (shape, press, hustle for the 90), next we're going to try to do something with the ball. And I think that's where it may be a bit too much for some of these players. Work AND think.
    Last edited by Niall_Quinn; 19-01-2020 at 01:38 PM.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the players are passing backwards and not making the most of opportunities, then it's down to the manager, if you don't tell your players not to pass back when in attacking positions but instead to think positively the won't. Arteta ball though looks like Wengerball and that included a lot of that kind of passing sideways and backwards rather than going for it when well positioned, so not too surprised.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There needs to be consistent movement though to provide the option to pass forward. Liverpool’s forwards are constantly on the move chasing down balls that sometimes aren’t even in their favour. It makes the opponent panic each time.

Our lot are statues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't think we pressed particularly high (in comparison to a few other games) against Sheffield United. I wonder whether Arteta was worried about further injury or fatigue.