Thread: Match Reaction Arsenal 1-1 Sheff Utd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match Reaction Arsenal 1-1 Sheff Utd

Sideways. Sideways. Backwards. Backwards. Slooooooooooow.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clear cut penalty ignored by corrupt bastard refs, and corrupt bastard VAR bastards. Disgusted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strange to think there are (or were) fans who thought we could still finish 4th.

This team has only won 6 fucking games all season. Get real.

A point closer to the magic 40 mark though.

Arteta proving his credentials.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Martinelli and Saka slumming it with lacklustre senior players who have little nouse, composure or technique.

Pepe is impressive in how even the one thing in ten he gets right looks like a fluke. So far, he's genuinely not even half as good as Gervinho.

Remember when Ozil hustled for a few games? Even then he was creating next to nothing and now he's doing neither which means he's the same pointless player he has been for multiple season now.

Lacazette is all bluster without any threat.

Mustafi and Xhaka are Mustafi and Xhaka.

If Arteta can't get anything out of these flops, then he has to give other players a chance, otherwise he's just as bad WUMger and Emery in rewarding experience that has so far given nothing in return.

Also, Pepe obviously jumped into the player's leg for the pelanty shout, but these are given every week to cheats like Zaha, Sterling, Mane, Kane, Salah, Alli and Vardy. So another game where the officials decide to alter their rules on a whim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why take Lacazette off and put 14 year old Nketiah on, who looked like a boy playing in a mens match for the first time ?

It would have been a miracle keeping a clean sheet with dumber and even dumber playing as central defenders so its not a surprise that Arsenal conceded one goal.

Arsenal are a mid-table team and everyone will have to accept it, for the rest of this season at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    Martinelli and Saka slumming it with lacklustre senior players who have little nouse, composure or technique.

Pepe is impressive in how even the one thing in ten he gets right looks like a fluke. So far, he's genuinely not even half as good as Gervinho.

Remember when Ozil hustled for a few games? Even then he was creating next to nothing and now he's doing neither which means he's the same pointless player he has been for multiple season now.

Lacazette is all bluster without any threat.

Mustafi and Xhaka are Mustafi and Xhaka.

If Arteta can't get anything out of these flops, then he has to give other players a chance, otherwise he's just as bad WUMger and Emery in rewarding experience that has so far given nothing in return.

Also, Pepe obviously jumped into the player's leg for the pelanty shout, but these are given every week to cheats like Zaha, Sterling, Mane, Kane, Salah, Alli and Vardy. So another game where the officials decide to alter their rules on a whim.
    I thought Ozil turned the ball over 3/4 times today which must be up there with anybody else and Pepe was certainly a lot better than the last game.

Unfortunately I don't think we're really going to get any better defensively, so we are going to need to be more ruthless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all my fault, i caught myself thinking with ten minutes to go that we'd probably won, and then...

This is the first arteta game when i felt we were not up to scratch throughout except parts of the second half, but we weren't clinical and then at times we seemed to revert to Wengerball a bit which didn't help

I noticed arteta was about to bring Guendouzi on just before they scored but then he didn't.

If that had been done before the goal, maybe we'd given them something new to think about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Strange to think there are (or were) fans who thought we could still finish 4th.

This team has only won 6 fucking games all season. Get real.

A point closer to the magic 40 mark though.

Arteta proving his credentials.

Like you, my eye is on the magic 40 points.
    This team is a million miles away from top 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is something intrinsically wrong with this team. They are so wired into repetitive passing. There was an incident where one of our players ran into the box, received a pass and unbelievably passed it right back. Why run into the box to receive a pass if not to take a shot. That's why we spend a whole 90 mins and take only 2 or 3 shots all game. I despair for this team. They simply dont want to win badly enough.

More than anything, there is no way you can expect great things of a team that has so many dumb players like Ozil, Xhaka, AMN, Mustafi. They are certified mediocrity. No getting around that.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously i agree on xhaka and mustafi, but slighrly reluctantly i've also got to agree on ozil, he had 2-3 shooting opportunities yesterday but always chose to pass or deploy his increasingly-used dummy - though tbf if Laca was using his wits he'd have been ready for it and maybe scored instead of fumbling the moment

As for AMN, i believe he can get better, he's already improved enormously and if he accepts the RB role i think could be a good player for us