User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Car Should Letters Get?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Car Should Letters Get?

So, our Swift ( ) is on its last...wheels.
    The garage actually declared it dead but then upgraded it to alive, but it's not long for this world.

What car should we get? Need a decent size boot, don't need anything too fancy.

And...go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What’s your budget?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either a Ferrari GTC4 Lusso or a Kia Ceed.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    What’s your budget?
    Under £10,000.
    On Wednesday we are seeing a Nissan Note.
    2015, only about 9,000 miles on the clock. That’s about £8,000.

One thing I’m finding frustrating is that each car model seems to have multiple versions so I’m finding it hard to compare like with like.

I have no clue what I’m doing, our mechanic recommended the one we are looking at.
    Then last night MrsL WhatsApp’d me (I’m away with work) about some Ford Fiesta she’s seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't know what a Swift is but if a Fiesta's in the running you're probably in the same situation as i was about 3-4 years ago when i bought our car - ie you need a 'supermini' type thing which can do everyday about-town stuff but be fine for longer distances when needed?

I did quite a bit of reading about Vauxhall, Ford, Nissan, VW etc and we ended up with a VW polo 1.4 with 4 doors - about 6 years old when we bought it but only 32k on the clock

great car, really comfortable drive (the only downside of which is i keep nearly dropping off on the motorway), and no extra unneccessary crap to up the price or go wrong

leaving aside all the stuff about VW diesel and what they did/didn't do wrong the petrol cars are still very reliable and just feel like quality
    Last edited by Mac76; 05-03-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i don't know what a Swift is but if a Fiesta's in the running you're probably in the same situation as i was about 3-4 years ago when i bought our car - ie you need a 'supermini' type thing which can do everyday about-town stuff but be fine for longer distances when needed?
    Pretty much.

Boot size is an issue for us at the moment so even if our car (it's a Suzuki Swift) wasn't dying we'd have needed a new one this year anyway.
    Will have a look at the one you suggested. Ta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    with seats folded down you can get a lot in a polo too - and no i don't work for VW

[sorry i wrote 'golf' to start with but was talking about a polo]
    Last edited by Mac76; 05-03-2019 at 03:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally love VW. In my experience they've always been reliable and they tend to hold their value well. I recently bought a new Passat much to the laughter of my mates, but it drives really well and it's also very practical for what I need with a kid on the way.

Would definitely recommend a Golf or Polo for your needs Lettuce.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    with seats folded down you can get a lot in a golf too - and no i don't work for VW
    I am running an old Golf atm - my Audi A4 died so I took this from my daughter and bought her a Focus Estate as she has a 1-year-old and needs a massive boot. Will upgrade later in the year. Was thinking of getting an Audi A3 but the Golf has grown on me. Since they first came out (in the late 1970s), Golfs have always had a good reputation for reliability and being a good all-round machine (bar the emissions scandal but I reckon most diesels manufactured at that time had the same emissions level.)

My wife has a Focus Saloon and is very pleased with it. We thought the Fiesta a little small for us but really small people might like it.

Focus and Fiesta have decent reputations.Ditto Golf but a few quid more.

@Letters - just go round a few dealerships and see what they have for second hand so you can get an idea of size, etc. then check out online to see what is available. There are indeed loads of models but unless you are incredibly picky or want some particular fancy feature, then you should be able to find something. You probably don't need 0-60 in 1 second, silly spoilers or other fancy crap so I wouldn't worry about it. Important is that the amount of space in the basic car is enough and that you feel OK sitting at the wheel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm telling you, Kia.

A Ceed or a Rio, depending on the size you need.

You can even get it in red to match your one shirt.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.