User Tag List

Page 12 of 92 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Temps and Journeymen

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Auba hates the brass at Gabon so this is more likely to make him stay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder which agent bought him?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Auba hates the brass at Gabon so this is more likely to make him stay.
    But surely he loves it when commentators refer to him constantly as 'the Gabon international' just because they think it's too repetitive just to say the player's name again...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Daily Mail reckons we're in for a 50 mill, 29 year old Spanish "striker" called Moreno who scored a whole 5 goals so far this season. To replace Auba should he leave for either Barca or Man Utd for 50 mill in the summer.

The AI bot who writes their stories is getting quite inventive.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    why shouldn't we pay top players the going rate who have produced the goods, show no obvious sign of letting up and have excellent injury records? If Martinelli continues his trajectory we will be paying him that eventually.
    It’s not that I think we shouldn’t pay our players the top rate, it’s more a case of we have offered him top rate and he hasn’t signed. I don’t think money is the issue, maybe just maybe he doesn’t want to carry a mid table team anymore? Look at who is after him? All of those teams are big upgrades on us in our current state.

Considering we are allegedly cash strapped, it would make sense to sell him if he wants out. He would have signed already if he wants to stay.

This situation is more like Sanchez than it was Ozil so I should have probably used Sanchez as an example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    We can't afford to lose Auba's goals. We don't have one other reliable goal-scorer right now.

I say pay him what he wants and get back to sorting out our other issues. We have enough problems with our squad already without adding another one.
    Haven’t we offered him a big hefty contract? I don’t think it’s a case of him wanting top dollar here. He can earn that elsewhere and compete for trophies.

His career is now in a worse state than it was before he joined. At least at Dortmund he was competing for trophies. Right now his goals are keeping us in the league, that’s the reality of the situation and I don’t think we can offer him anything to match his ambitions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Haven’t we offered him a big hefty contract? I don’t think it’s a case of him wanting top dollar here. He can earn that elsewhere and compete for trophies.

His career is now in a worse state than it was before he joined. At least at Dortmund he was competing for trophies. Right now his goals are keeping us in the league, that’s the reality of the situation and I don’t think we can offer him anything to match his ambitions.
    Not sure if we offered him a contract or not, but i agree about his career, the only thing is he seems to really like it at the club, bound to be down to the fans of course but also i wonder if Arteta might just convince him to stay, especially if the transfer market is a bit dampened this summer - he's probably still more likely to go though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few outlets saying weve signed our on loan defender Pablo mari for £10m. That must be on the basis of the fact we havent conceded a goal in a whole month since he arrived.

Just joking. Glad he is on the roster. Now how can we just give Mustafi away for free. There must be some takers somewhere.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    A few outlets saying weve signed our on loan defender Pablo mari for £10m. That must be on the basis of the fact we havent conceded a goal in a whole month since he arrived.

Just joking. Glad he is on the roster. Now how can we just give Mustafi away for free. There must be some takers somewhere.
    Good news re Mari, he was mostly very good in the one or two outings he got before the lockdown and anything that makes Mustafi even more expendable has to be a good thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's quite a bit about us in the BBC's latest transfer gossip roundup, most of it not good:

"Arsenal will sell Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 30, for £30m as they do not want him to leave on a free transfer. (Sun)

The Gunners have yet to offer a contract extension to German midfielder Mesut Ozil, 31. (ESPN)

Arsenal and Manchester United are both interested in signing Monaco and France striker Wissam Ben Yedder, 29. (L'Equipe - in French)

Arsenal will have to pay Real Madrid 50m euros (£44m) if they want to sign on-loan Spain midfielder Dani Ceballos, 23, on a permanent deal. (AS - in Spanish)

Arsenal are struggling to tie 18-year-old English winger Bukayo Saka down to a new contract with other Premier League clubs interested. (90min)"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/52462237

Losing Auba for £30m would be pretty grim, rising to unbearable if it was another English club, only Arsenal would find themselves in this situation

But losing Saka would be even worse

As for the rest, i'd like to keep Ceballos though £44m in the current climate seems a lot

And i don't know about Yedder but if Moan U are in for him i don't fancy our chances much, they can outbid us any day of the week