User Tag List

Page 21 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Temps and Journeymen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Im delighted, I genuinely thought he had his head turned. For me, he’s the best we’ve had come through our youth system since Jack, I think Saka’s ceiling is higher too, he has the potential to be the very best in whatever position he settles down in.

Ornstein said this was going through a few days ago and also said we are intensifying our pursuit of Thomas Partey, good news indeed.
    I just hope he doesn't stagnate now that he's been given a big pay cheque. After about 18 Wilshere barely improved. Huge waste of potential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    I just hope he doesn't stagnate now that he's been given a big pay cheque. After about 18 Wilshere barely improved. Huge waste of potential.
    i think he's sensible, and hopefully a lot less injury-prone than Wilshire - i'm just glad we got it done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank the good dude for that - I think I might have cried, if we’d lost Saka!

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just learned of this from the match.

Saka.

Always had faith he'd sign.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Aye. I think Saka does seem a bit more sensible and I get the impression Arteta will keep him in check too.

If he keeps on developing then he will be starting for England soon too, I rate Saka really highly, think he has the potential to turn into a legend for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting bit of news that's largely gone under the radar, but it looks like we've agreed to terminate Mkhitaryan's contract a year early so he can sign for Roma - I wonder if there are similar plans for any of our other high-earners? There must be a few there who's wages for the rest of their contracts will now cost more than whatever fee we could get for them, which technically makes them write-offs...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Interesting bit of news that's largely gone under the radar, but it looks like we've agreed to terminate Mkhitaryan's contract a year early so he can sign for Roma - I wonder if there are similar plans for any of our other high-earners? There must be a few there who's wages for the rest of their contracts will now cost more than whatever fee we could get for them, which technically makes them write-offs...
    I see somewhere that Roma offered £10m for him in January but we turned it down thinking we might get a better one elsewhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    I see somewhere that Roma offered £10m for him in January but we turned it down thinking we might get a better one elsewhere
    Yeah, that was pre-COVID - I think you take whatever you can get now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    that's so typical of us - it's like when we turned down a similar amount for mustafi i think , do we not realise that people can see how shit some of our players are just by watching the games, i know mustafi's been slightly better (i.e. not a total disaster area) lately but he's still got a self-destruct button and we really should do a similar thing and get rid asap

i really hope Invisible's right and this is a change of approach to get people off the wage bill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Yeah, that was pre-COVID - I think you take whatever you can get now!
    But to think we could possibly get more when you consider he's hardly set the world alight at Roma either... still heyhoe the people that are in charge of things atm know what they're doing