User Tag List

Page 24 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Temps and Journeymen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meanwhile we're being linked to Malang Sarr from Nice on a free.

Tbf, it could be a pretty smart move for us - on the playing side of things, he's a left-sided, ball-playing CB who can also play LB, so it would allow us to ditch Kolasinac and retain the tactical flexibility to play a back 3 when needed.

And the fact that he's on a free means that, even if he's a bust, we could still turn a quick profit on him next summer and reinvest (might need to start looking at more deals like that for a few years to fund the rebuild).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certainly makes a change from paying £30+ for a bucket o' shite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Bournemouth accept a bid from Citeh for Ake of £40 million.
    I dont even see what the fuss is about Ake. He is a competent footballer but he is no more than 5'11". I hate short CBs. But Pep likes doing things the hard way. After 2 years he will dump him too and buy something new
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly think Pep sees his defence as a chance to field 4 more midfielders.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    I dont even see what the fuss is about Ake. He is a competent footballer but he is no more than 5'11". I hate short CBs. But Pep likes doing things the hard way. After 2 years he will dump him too and buy something new
    Pep is contractually obliged to buy defenders for £40 million+every season at Citeh, just surprised it isn't another fullback first up, as IAI infers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Linked with Coutinho again. No doubt due to links with Raul and his shady pals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest rumour round-up: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/53631483

We're after Brazilian CB Diego Carlos, Rakitic and Zaha apparently

Not sure what i think of Zaha tb,he seems like teouble, and doesn't he usually play left-wing, so what about Saka's future and where Auba plays?

Unless they want Zaha behind the front three, but not sure about that

Or they ditch Laca and move Auba into the middle, but that atill blocks Saka out

I'd be happy to see Laca go as we'd get a decent price for him after a good end to the season, though of course it might affect what Auba does...

We're reported to be offering Auba £250k pw for a three-year deal but he wants to see if we make big-name signings first

Ifi was him I'd go for a one-year extension anyway, gives him more options if we tank next season
    Last edited by Mac76; 03-08-2020 at 08:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Willian is happening.

£400k a week. Probably.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh look, doing Raul's pals a favour again.

Fuck off. We'll never move on if this is the profile of player we continue to keep looking at because they might be easier to sign.

Willian is decent enough but we don't need another hugely expensive player who'll probably be deadweight in 18 months and stifle the progress of the younger players along the way. Chelsea want rid of him so they can sign Havertz, we need to stop being so willing to pick up the scraps and find some of our own gems.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 03-08-2020 at 02:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    will be really disappointed if we sign him - absolutely not worth it, particularly as he plays where Auba and Saka tend to play

maybe there's a plan to sell Laca and put Auba in the middle but either way Saka must have wondered why he bothered resigning with us after we've been chasing Zaha and Willian