User Tag List

Page 33 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Temps and Journeymen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s so on!

Edit: and Kashmir’s just come on the radio too! This has been a good minute.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NFgKVGPJmtI
    Last edited by I am invisible; 08-08-2020 at 06:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    It’s so on!

Edit: and Kashmir’s just come on the radio too! This has been a good minute.

http://<a href="https://m.youtube.co...FgKVGPJmtI</a>
    FACT CHECK:

True
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Partey
    Willian
    Coutinho
    Gabriel

Good window?
    Yes
    No
    No
    Yes

Willian's a pointless waste of money and the transfer is all about his agent being mates with Raul

This club has got rid of its scouts and has committed itself to a future of being stitched up by corrupt agents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm more interested in seeing if Smith Rowe gets a proper chance this season. He looked just as comfortable and technically sound as Saka did when Emery gave him games last season. His skillset is something we haven't had at the club in a while. We desperately need someone who can play between the lines and can get some goals from midfield as well.

Despite all the lazy focus on just our defence, Arteta has shown that you can organise pubbers into a functioning, solid unit. Our attack however, has been lacking any spark for a long time. We barely put any concerted pressure on opponents any more. We need better technical players and more variety in the attacking third. It might be why Arteta wants Willian. He probably sees as him as someone who can be relied upon in an area where we have only Aubameyang who delivers consistently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    I'm more interested in seeing if Smith Rowe gets a proper chance this season. He looked just as comfortable and technically sound as Saka did when Emery gave him games last season. His skillset is something we haven't had at the club in a while. We desperately need someone who can play between the lines and can get some goals from midfield as well.

Despite all the lazy focus on just our defence, Arteta has shown that you can organise pubbers into a functioning, solid unit. Our attack however, has been lacking any spark for a long time. We barely put any concerted pressure on opponents any more. We need better technical players and more variety in the attacking third. It might be why Arteta wants Willian. He probably sees as him as someone who can be relied upon in an area where we have only Aubameyang who delivers consistently.
    I think Arteta will be a big fan of Smith Rowe. Without claiming he’s anywhere near KDB’s level, he’s a similar type of player in that he drifts seamlessly between an 8 and a 10, can play down either flank, is comfortable using both feet so he passes and moves in 360°, and his first thought is generally to drive forward and do something positive.

The more I think about it, the more I think Willian makes sense (on the playing side, anyway) - outside of Auba and Laca (who might be sold), our most experienced attacker is Pepe, and he’s still finding his feet in this league. Willian gives us that bit of added experience anywhere across the attack, and he’s at an age where he won’t block the progress of anyone coming through.

Bringing those two in will add to the attack, but there’s also a lot of other things we haven’t been able to do under Arteta yet, e.g. Auba through the middle, having Martinelli available, playing Tierney as a proper LB, being able to play a 3rd midfielder. I’d like to see Willock used more as a 6-8 - I don’t think he’s a 10 - and we’ve only had the benefit of an in-form, post-lockdown Ceballos for a handful of games.

I don’t think the focus on defence is entirely lazy though - a lot of the above will depend on having CBs who are good enough and athletic enough to deal with 1-on1s so we can play with a back 2 and gain an extra midfielder. And if we want to commit more players forward then we probably need someone equally athletic and individually competent, like a Partey, sat in front of them. Like you, I’ve been really impressed with how Arteta has got this bunch of misfits organised and actually keeping clean sheets, but there’s currently way too many players there who need another player alongside them to fill in their gaps, and that’s really restricting how we can play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Arsenal will sell France striker Alexandre Lacazette, 29, to Atletico Madrid for £30m as soon as Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 31, agrees a new deal"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/53708011

So Auba knows that if he signs, his best mate gets shipped out

Nice, he'll just love the club for putting him in that situation...

Havimg said that i'd be happy for us to get £30m for Laca

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Auba plays on the left though, why would it make any difference?

It could be Aubameyang has agreed to stay only if his starting position his central I suppose but then this is giving credence to what the Sunday Star is saying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Willian has confirmed he is leaving Chelsea.

Just waiting for Arsenal.com now it seems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    "Arsenal will sell France striker Alexandre Lacazette, 29, to Atletico Madrid for £30m as soon as Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 31, agrees a new deal"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/53708011

So Auba knows that if he signs, his best mate gets shipped out

Nice, he'll just love the club for putting him in that situation...

Havimg said that i'd be happy for us to get £30m for Laca

I’m sure Auba will console himself with his fat, new, long-term contract, his guaranteed starting spot as CF, a stronger team around him and his statue going up outside the stadium.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 09-08-2020 at 02:51 PM.