User Tag List

Page 38 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Temps and Journeymen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

I staunchly defended him for a while but honestly, he can do one now.
    I haven't got the energy to get wound up by Özil any more. He's down to his last year, I've accepted it's going to cost us another £18.3m - just write it off and forget about him.

Seriously, I don't even want to hear about it when he leaves! Just ring-fence that money and then we never have to think about him ever again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I haven't got the energy to get wound up by Özil any more. He's down to his last year, I've accepted it's going to cost us another £18.3m - just write it off and forget about him.

Seriously, I don't even want to hear about it when he leaves! Just ring-fence that money and then we never have to think about him ever again.
    He should never have been signed in the first place.

He should never have been allowed to run his contract down.

He should NEVER EVER have been given a massive new contract.

Absolutely diabolical by everyone who made those decisions.

A more gutless, soulless, abilityless, pathetic player I have never seen.

He must have cost at least 100 million if you add it all up.

How do you get rid of a player who is so useless that nobody wants him and he gets a ton of money every week ?

Its impossible.

It would not have happened at ANY other club in the world.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    Weeelll, that's very easy to say in retrospect but he was clearly a quality player, his stats before he came to us and even in his first season or two with us were outstanding.
    To say he's useless is just obviously incorrect. He's just been badly mismanaged.

He should NEVER EVER have been given a massive new contract.
    Correct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Three cliches in one sentence - well done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Weeelll, that's very easy to say in retrospect but he was clearly a quality player, his stats before he came to us and even in his first season or two with us were outstanding.
    To say he's useless is just obviously incorrect. He's just been badly mismanaged.

Correct.
    For the money that Arsenal have spent on him, the return has been pathetic.

He has not been any good for a long long time.

He should have been sold a year before his first contract ran out.

He IS useless now and has been for a few years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    Bet you weren't saying that at the time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Bet you weren't saying that at the time...
    I was.

I didn't think Arsenal needed him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozil definitely has ability, I don’t think it’s fair to say he doesn’t. He is a very gifted player but for one reason or another he doesn’t seem to have the application to match.

He was very good during his first few seasons with us but as things got tougher in Wenger’s final years it was obvious he wasn’t the kind of player you wanted around in times of adversity. Emery didn’t fancy him which he took a lot of stick for but now Arteta has done the same, so there has to be something more to it. I mean, being relegated to the bench is one thing but to not even be deemed worthy of a place in every match day squad since the restart, tells you everything you need to know. I think the role of a number 10 in general is becoming more and more redundant now, even a club like Barca who were stacked with them are now more direct.

Shame how things have worked out, I was genuinely very excited when we signed him, he was our first big money signing in the modern era and he was a ready made superstar, the kind of signing we hadn’t seen for years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Ozil definitely has ability, I don’t think it’s fair to say he doesn’t. He is a very gifted player but for one reason or another he doesn’t seem to have the application to match.

He was very good during his first few seasons with us but as things got tougher in Wenger’s final years it was obvious he wasn’t the kind of player you wanted around in times of adversity. Emery didn’t fancy him which he took a lot of stick for but now Arteta has done the same, so there has to be something more to it. I mean, being relegated to the bench is one thing but to not even be deemed worthy of a place in every match day squad since the restart, tells you everything you need to know. I think the role of a number 10 in general is becoming more and more redundant now, even a club like Barca who were stacked with them are now more direct.

Shame how things have worked out, I was genuinely very excited when we signed him, he was our first big money signing in the modern era and he was a ready made superstar, the kind of signing we hadn’t seen for years.

Very well summed up, it's a real shame and others aren't blameless, least of all Gazidis et al for offering Ozil that ridiculous deal, but still it's hard not to think that the player really ought to have applied himself more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Juve are apparently interested in Lacazette.

Hopefully we can get a big fee out of them.