User Tag List

Page 52 of 92 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Temps and Journeymen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Great news if true, I know its short term but these sort of deals could become more common anyway. He provides some much needed quality on the ball in midfield.
    We are desperate to have him on board, well I am anyway, I'm not so sure a midfield of Xhaka and El Neny is the way forward!

I get the feeling that another good season and he will be ours, we will be in a position where we need to buy him regardless of the fee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    It will have to take something insane like that for him to go because I have no doubt he's happy to sit out his final year here.

Something has obviously broken down in terms of relationship with the club hierarchy, it's not just footballing reasons anymore.
    He's going to sit it out like the c*nt he is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    We've basically paid him off to leave, it would have cost us a fair few million.

What worries me about this rebuild is the difficulty we seem to be having shifting players. Most seem to be linked to loan aways, even younger players like Holding. Ive not been following the Kola, Torreira or Sokratis transfer news...but by all accounts it seems all these guys are loans with obligations to buy, I dread to think of the pitiful fees we will get for any of these guys.

The likes of Mustafi and Ozil at this stage appear to be in the "untransferable" bracket, in that no team is daft enough to make an offer, let alone match their current insane wages. In Ozil's case, I don't think we are in a position to pay him off, it will cost us millions.

The sad thing is we genuinely appear to have some kind of sensible plan to improve / rebuild the squad...but it hinges on outs. Where this becomes a bottleneck is that we have largely a squad of duds who are by all accounts seem very difficult to shift. Even some of our more what you would think would be sort after players, seem to be attracting little to no interest.
    Last edited by selassie; 01-09-2020 at 01:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    We've basically paid him off to leave, it would have cost us a fair few million.

What worries me about this rebuild is the difficulty we seem to be having shifting players. Most seem to be linked to loan aways, even younger players like Holding. Ive not been following the Kola, Torreira or Sokratis transfer news...but by all accounts it seems all these guys are loans with obligations to buy, I dread to think of the pitiful fees we will get for any of these guys.

The likes of Mustafi and Ozil at this stage appear to be in the "untransferable" bracket, in that no team is daft enough to make an offer, let alone match their current insane wages. In Ozil's case, I don't think we are in a position to pay him off, it will cost us millions.

The sad thing is we genuinely appear to have some kind of sensible plan to improve / rebuild the squad...but it hinges on outs. Where this becomes a bottleneck is that we have largely a squad of duds who are by all accounts seem very difficult to shift. Even some of our more what you would think would be sort after players, seem to be attracting little to no interest.
    Spot on with everything you said, we can't shift any of these guys unless we pay them off or loan them out and we can't spend much before we sell, it's a shocking state of affairs and just shows how bad our transfer dealings have been.

Are there any other big clubs out there (or indeed PL clubs) who struggle to shift players like we do, I mean Elneny is still here! I'm amazed that with todays agent we can't shift any of these players.

Mhkitaryan we paid off to leave it seems, Holding Newcastle are only interested in a loan, even Kolasinac Schalke only seem to have an interest in loaning (this is the guy that came from there and was apparently good?). The others noone is interested in it seems.
    Last edited by Özim; 01-09-2020 at 01:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the mistake is trying to get any money for somone like Mustafi - just get rid for free, then at least we're not paying his wages, neither do we have to look at his ugly face again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gabriel is official
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    It will have to take something insane like that for him to go because I have no doubt he's happy to sit out his final year here.

Something has obviously broken down in terms of relationship with the club hierarchy, it's not just footballing reasons anymore.
    It would take a miracle to get rid of fairycake in any transfer window.

He is useless, has a very bad attitude, is useless, he is souless, gutless, shameless and useless, is ill regularly, gets paid far far far far far far too much and he is useless.

What football team in the world is going to want a 'player' like that ?

He is fucking useless as well, lets not forget.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...ector-bellerin

£25m + £5m in add-ons for Bellerin?

I like Hector, but that’s really tempting, especially given his injury record and the fact that we have 3 RBs...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...ector-bellerin

£25m + £5m in add-ons for Bellerin?

I like Hector, but that’s really tempting, especially given his injury record and the fact that we have 3 RBs...
    I would drive him there personally myself, we should bite their hand off for this given it will most likely secure us Partey.

Ornstein is saying that we are basically waiting on sales to trigger Partey release clause & that we are in discussions with Lyons over Aouar.

Adding Partey & Aouar to our midfield would be a 10 /10 window for me, both are amongst the very best in Europe in their positions right now, they would be major coups for us and would massively improve this team. In the case of Aouar, if he continues to develop he will be legit world class in the next few years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be sad to see him go personally. He’s had an injury plagued 2 years but I think he’s still got plenty to give. Of course I get the situation though and it’s a tempting offer for sure, hopefully we push for something closer to 40m, PSG have a bottomless pit of money after all. If we’re going to sell our players of value then at least make it worthwhile.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 01-09-2020 at 09:39 PM.