User Tag List

Page 57 of 92 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Temps and Journeymen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Sell Leno if we have to.. Martinez is the second name on the team sheet after Auba.
    I’ve been blown away by how Emi has stepped in, but I wouldn’t be keen to sell Leno just yet. Good as Emi’s been, all of his performances have come after the defence had tightened up and Arteta had got the side organised - what Leno was doing earlier in the season was behind an absolute shambles of a defence, where it was basically open season on his goal for 90 minutes every game! I’d like to see how he looks behind a decent defence before I made a final call on either of them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I’ve been blown away by how Emi has stepped in, but I wouldn’t be keen to sell Leno just yet. Good as Emi’s been, all of his performances have come after the defence had tightened up and Arteta had got the side organised - what Leno was doing earlier in the season was behind an absolute shambles of a defence, where it was basically open season on his goal for 90 minutes every game! I’d like to see how he looks behind a decent defence before I made a final call on either of them...
    True, although you could also say that a defence is calmer if they have a goalie they trust and understand, Emi's better at playing out from the back so that calms things down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    True, although you could also say that a defence is calmer if they have a goalie they trust and understand, Emi's better at playing out from the back so that calms things down
    Yup, also true.

I guess my point is that I’d ideally like another season with both of them to be certain which one it is? Unless we receive an absolutely crazy offer for one of them, and can also find a solid replacement for like £5m, I’m not sure it’s worth selling either at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just think we will need to sell one of them to improve the midfield. And we REALLY need to improve the midfield.

It's much easier to sell Emi, so that's what I think will happen.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or, we could send out a search party for Kroenke's long lost wallet. Last I heard it was either on Mount Sinai or buried in a crypt in a modest Scottish church.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leno wont be too keen to play 2nd fiddle. He has been back in the reckoning for Germany I hear so he will want to be first choice or leave. I like them both. Emi is slightly larger in size but Leno is better at clutch saves. There are enough games for both of them this year if the team progresses on all fronts
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Leno wont be too keen to play 2nd fiddle. He has been back in the reckoning for Germany I hear so he will want to be first choice or leave. I like them both. Emi is slightly larger in size but Leno is better at clutch saves. There are enough games for both of them this year if the team progresses on all fronts
    sure but the PL games are considered the games for the No 1 goalie so whoever gets them, the other will be pissed off, no matter how many cup games they get

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently PSG tried to sign Bellerin on loan, and we rightly told them to do one. Looks like he will be staying, unless the Barca rumours are true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also Auba has agreed a new contract according to Ornstein. Massive boost for the season!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    people have been saying that about Auba for a while now, i'll believe it when i see it