User Tag List

Page 58 of 92 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Temps and Journeymen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It feels like the Auba announcement is being saved for tomorrow for maximum pre-season HYPE.

It sounds like Martinez is close to joining Villa too. He was brilliant for the last few months, wish him well. Leno has been our most consistent performer for the last two seasons, so aside from sentimental recency bias, it seems like a good deal for everyone.
    Last edited by Master Splinter; 10-09-2020 at 08:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t blame the club for cashing in on Martinez. A few months ago he was worth nothing and 10 games later he’s worth 20m. It’s an unexpected source of income and we’re not really in a position to turn down good money like that in an area of the pitch we don’t have to improve on.

Emi was fantastic last season, that can’t be denied. Let’s not forget that Leno is also a very good keeper though and I’m sure we can find ourselves another decent understudy.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 12-09-2020 at 07:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointed to see him go but can't blame him wanting to be a clear no. 1 somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t really blame Emi either, tbh. Leno already has a solid, top-flight career under his belt so he walks straight into another top side if he loses the GK battle; Emi, on the other hand, only has a handful of top-flight games to his name, and he may never get another chance like this if he ends up as Leno’s no.2 (chortle!) again - from his POV, and as much as he might love the club, the move is the far safer bet, both got his career and his family.

On the plus side, I can’t imagine the club would be sanctioning this move unless the money we’re going towards something that’s going to make us stronger, so there is that. If the choice is between, say, an amazing 2nd choice keeper and an amazing 1st choice CM then it makes sense for the club too.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe Arsenal manage possible transfers choices for direct funds for other targets they want to acquire, it's bad business and club sense in my opinion. I believe they are deciding if Martinez is a big enough prospect at AFC which I think he no longer is, he is an outstanding professional who could start at other teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emi going to Villa for £16m apparently, swapping an FA Cup-winning side to fight relegation - smart move

https://sportsmole.us2.list-manage.c...0&e=b3db5315c8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Emi going to Villa for £16m apparently, swapping an FA Cup-winning side to fight relegation - smart move

https://sportsmole.us2.list-manage.c...0&e=b3db5315c8
    He could probably do better but if the interest isn’t there then what can he do? Can’t knock the guy for wanting to go and be a number 1.

Apparently we’re interested in David Raya from Brentford to replace him.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, we turned down £15 million and accepted £16 million.

Even with us I doubt those figures, unless we're just rounding it up to £20 million I guess.

Not that it'll matter either way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And reports saay were are going to pay £10m on a replacement...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We apparently had an offer of £31.4m + Guendouzi rejected for Aouar - my question is: is that £31.4m we already have, or is it money we’re anticipating making through sales / planning on paying in instalments?

Just trying to work out how much more we need to find to be able trigger Partey’s release clause. Will another couple of sales like Martinez get us there, or are we still a way away? I think release clauses have to be paid in full, don’t they?