User Tag List

Page 63 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Temps and Journeymen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Which is why I find it bizarre how he isn’t even involved. Our squad isn’t that great for a player of his ability to not even make the bench

Use the fucker rather than let him sit around earning millions, it’s sickening.
    Use him for what?. Unless they allow us to field 12. He will be taking the place of a fully functioning human being. The man makes 2 killer passes a game and thinks to himself. "Job done"
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Don't see how we can get rid of him really
    Absolutely.

How is it possible to get rid of him ?

He is useless, lazy, massively massively overpaid, ill regularly and doesn't give a shit.

What team would want him, regardless of the financial side ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    17m for Martinez seems very very cheap to me.

I know none of us like the Spud chairman but he usually sells players for more than what they are worth and would have got at least 25m in this case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    17m for Martinez seems very very cheap to me.

I know none of us like the Spud chairman but he usually sells players for more than what they are worth and would have got at least 25m in this case.
    i agree, we never get what we should for these players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, negotiation is all about leverage, and everyone knows we need dollar bucks, fast!

Tbh, I don’t actually think it’s an unreasonable fee for a 2nd choice keeper who, at nearly 28, still only has a limited number of first team appearances under his belt - we’re all convinced that he’s the real deal, and if we could have kept him for another year to prove it then I think we’d have been talking closer to double that fee, but as it is I can understand the price getting haggled down.

Edit: is it a max £17m, or are there add-ons?
    Last edited by I am invisible; 16-09-2020 at 02:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    17mil isn't bad for someone who was worth nothing 6 months ago.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clearly a good guy and grateful for how he stepped up last season, but he's averaged less than 10 games a season his entire career. 17m is good money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Use him for what?. Unless they allow us to field 12. He will be taking the place of a fully functioning human being. The man makes 2 killer passes a game and thinks to himself. "Job done"
    Well, that's 2 more than we usually make.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    Absolutely.

How is it possible to get rid of him ?

He is useless, lazy, massively massively overpaid, ill regularly and doesn't give a shit.

What team would want him, regardless of the financial side ?
    Plus he has the U.S or China lined up for next yer I suppose, where he'll probably double his money.

It could even be argued that players have too much power these days.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    That’s assuming he even shows up on the day! The biggest issue for me is that I never know when he’s going to cry off sick - why would you spend all week building a game plan around him when you know there’s a 3/4 chance he’ll phone in on the day with a tummy ache or crick in his neck (and on the 1 in 4 games he does show up for there’s a 50-50 chance he won’t be arsed)?

If I were the coach, I’d want to be as sure as possible about the players I’m working with going into a match, and Özil is just way too erratic and unpredictable to be useful for me - that one moment of magic every 8-10 games isn’t worth it...