User Tag List

Page 69 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Temps and Journeymen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking like Aouar or Partey, what are people’s thoughts? I haven’t seen much of either, Partey seems be a beast in midfield if you believe what is written in the press.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hardly seen anything of Aouar.

Partey would be a great addition to our midfield though. Reads the game well, super strong and athletic, everything we need in the middle of the park at the moment. Frankly anyone that comes from Atletico Madrid is going to be a fairly solid defensive addition.

Sounds like neither will happen though unless we can shift Torreria and/or Guendouzi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it’s one or the other then Partey.

Let’s be clear - both players would improve us, but I think Partey would be transformative. He’s a genuine all-round midfielder who does everything well, and he would instantly give us the security we need in midfield to be able to play 2 at the back and gain an extra attacking / creative midfielder. Or he would be like having an extra man in a 2-man midfield whenever we go 343.

He’s big, strong, fast and very consistent, and I think he’d be instantly ready for the league. Probably his standout feature is his driving runs from the defensive 3rd to the attacking 3rd; he has an incredibly high dribble success rate, given the area he typically plays. No fancy tricks or stepovers - he just uses speed and strength to drive through the lines with violent runs. Decent long-range shot too - him and Xhaka would give opponents something else to worry about when we push up.

Aouar is a quality midfielder, and has the potential to be one of the best in the world in a few years - if we could somehow get him too then it would be one of the best windows we’ve ever had, but at 22 I don’t think he’s quite as consistent as Partey yet. I think he’s the guy you bring in once you’re already stable enough to play a midfield 3.

Aouar is more creative in the final 3rd, but doesn’t add much more security at the back (despite being a decent tackler). Partey adds that defensive security AND buys us the luxury of a 3rd midfielder to improve our creativity (and he’ll also make things happen with those driving runs).

(Edit: not only would Partey let us play 3 midfielders, but he’s such a dominant presence that 2 of those 3 could be more offensive options - we wouldn’t need to keep playing 2 deeper midfielders.)
    Last edited by I am invisible; 26-09-2020 at 07:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *Obviously the club will now go out and prioritise Aouar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently if Chelski buy Declan Rice we might get Jorghino - hopefully that would be the end of Xhaka as our go-to DM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jorghino would be quite the anti-climax.

Plus I’d rather not take another Chelsea clearance item.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aouar's looking close, provided the clubs can agree on a price

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...er_415953.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Apparently if Chelski buy Declan Rice we might get Jorghino - hopefully that would be the end of Xhaka as our go-to DM
    Yeah, but it would mean that his replacement is Chelsea’s Granit Xhaka.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jorginho is shit.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Jorginho is shit.
    And he takes the most stupid penalties since that Italian clown character (name escapes me)
    Make 2mrw better than 2day