User Tag List

Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Temps and Journeymen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saka has a very high ceiling and if anything, his agent knows that. We aren't going to keep him with a lowball offer of 20k. It's 60k at least in this market.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right, but holy shit football is terrible!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    You're right, but holy shit football is terrible!
    60kpw for an 18 year old....My life has suddenly become terrible. I remember when we were paying Vieira 60kpw and Ashley Cole almost died because we only offered 55kpw.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 18-02-2020 at 03:11 PM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re paying Guendouzi and Saliba £40k/wk, so I don’t see us getting away with offering Saka (and Martinelli) any less than that, if their agents are even half way competent.

Unfortunately we can’t afford to get into a pissing contest on wages with the CL big boys, so past a point we’ll just have to hope that the promise of regular games and a prominent role in the side will be enough to keep them here for a good few years to come.

Yet another good reason to shift anyone in that £90k+/wk club who isn’t offering a good ROI this summer - we’re gonna need that money free to redirect it to anyone who is earning it...
    Last edited by I am invisible; 18-02-2020 at 06:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Rumours Saka is playing hardball. Surely 20kpw should be enough to keep him. No?
    You mean his piece of shit agent? Agents will ruin every kid in the game. All about the money, and the player hasn't even got one solid season under his belt yet. He's promising, he's delivering right now, but let's get past the false dawn threshold first. Hope this isn't true because I'll lose every last ounce of respect for the kid.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Pepe doesn't have the injury juju of that last triumvirate and has far more ability in the final third than Gerforeheadio.

6 goals and 6 assists and yet far too many people have claimed he is a waste of space. I heard he has a better goal to minute ratio than Sterling (haven't checked this is true) who most consider rightfully a world class player and that he has the third best contribution to goals tally in the prem...(again haven't checked the source of if it's true).

Managers need to stop randomly dropping him now. He is obviously a talent and one a club like ours absolutely needs to make work for us given the outlay.
    It's a very, very low bar at the moment. How many players can you name in the PL who are above bog ordinary by yesteryear's standards? Mane, Salah, and who else? Probably a couple of gypos like De Brown and Silva. Hazard's gone. Auba's looking a world-beater in this league, but nobody else wanted him when we snagged him. So if Pepe wasn't statistically superior in this league I'd be severely worried. At 72mill he should at least be as good as the horrifically overrated Sterling. He'll have to do a lot more to make me think there's a worthwhile player in there. Right now I can see he'll give us something every now and again, but that just makes him another passenger and we have more than enough of those. Maybe he'll need the whole season to get himself sorted, maybe he'll emerge next season. But I lost count of the number of seasons I used to say the same for Theo Walcott. Too many similarities. So far. I'm eager to be wrong.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    60kpw for an 18 year old....My life has suddenly become terrible. I remember when we were paying Vieira 60kpw and Ashley Cole almost died because we only offered 55kpw.
    Fuck him if he allows his agent to derail his career. Let him go to some big, faceless cash club and have a big unveiling ceremony and then settle into the reality of being a highly paid minnow in a big pond. If that's his ambition then I'm certain his agent can deliver it for him, because that's what agents do - ruin sport and maximise corporate careers. If that's what the player's in it for then it was only ever going to be a short-lived romance anyway. But if he sticks with us and puts his time in, and puts the sport before the cash, he'll get way more in the long run. Way more love from the fans, way more development and growth as a player and, yes, way more cash. At his age, the big money move is surely still some way into the distance? But maybe not, in this bankrupt thing masquerading as sport.

I hope he's sensible.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    We’re paying Guendouzi and Saliba £40k/wk, so I don’t see us getting away with offering Saka (and Martinelli) any less than that, if their agents are even half way competent.

Unfortunately we can’t afford to get into a pissing contest on wages with the CL big boys, so past a point we’ll just have to hope that the promise of regular games and a prominent role in the side will be enough to keep them here for a good few years to come.

Yet another good reason to shift anyone in that £90k+/wk club who isn’t offering a good ROI this summer - we’re gonna need that money free to redirect it to anyone who is earning it...
    They're kids making their first moves. Why shouldn't they have to work their way up? I think we need a new rule where young players BORROW the cash to be trained by a club. For each year they stay, the loan is partially written off. After a set time it expires completely, otherwise they have to pay the full balance (commensurate with the stupid cash they are demanding in wages of course) upon transfer. In any other endeavour, the organisation that puts in the R&D gets to claw that back in sales. We've had Bosman that makes it "fair" for the (as it turned out) greedy, piss-taking players. Now let's have some consideration for the clubs. It's fair.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think once you get into (and I know this is somewhat an arbitrary figure) 60k+ per week, you're starting to say 'we believe in you as THE left back and perhaps more than the actual guy we bought to play there for 25 million in Tierney'.

We shouldn't be going overboard, it's not even been a full half season of convincing he's done, he doesn't actually even want to play left back and we have 2 other competent left backs! He hasn't come anywhere near to proving his quality beyond doubt at left wing too, which is ultimately where he wants to play. He will need to outdo Martinelli in the short term for that.

I would say up to 40k...perhaps a little bit beyond. I worry with his comments of 'I leave that down to my parents and agent' that we will be subjected to the greed of his parents and/or agent though. You're 18 now kiddo, that's a gown arse man in the eyes of the law....it's down to you.

But hey, I get why they peddle that line...
    Last edited by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice; 19-02-2020 at 02:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    You mean his piece of shit agent? Agents will ruin every kid in the game. All about the money, and the player hasn't even got one solid season under his belt yet. He's promising, he's delivering right now, but let's get past the false dawn threshold first. Hope this isn't true because I'll lose every last ounce of respect for the kid.
    He's played a few decent games but that's football today, you don't have to earn you salary, just play a couple good games and your salary skyrockets from an already ridiculous one to a ridiculous one times x3 or 4.