User Tag List

Page 76 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Temps and Journeymen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read somewhere that Leeds might be a loan option for Saliba? That’d be a great move for him, if we’re serious about it - Bielsa would certainly get him fired up and ready for the league! Thought they did a great job with Ben White last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Yeah it’s money we will just have to write off. Really makes you reflect on how poor and misjudged the recruitment has been, players hardly ever seem to appreciate in value with us now, feels like we’re always left with crap we can’t even give away.
    Yep our squad is in really poor shape, we have a lot of garbage in it, players on huge wages who nobody wants to touch, we literally can’t give these players away.

Meanwhile Liverpool sell an a academy graduate who has never played in PL for 23 million.

Its going to take us a while to get out of this horrible mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember a couple of months ago Arteta was talking about having plans, and backup plans, and backup-backup plans for almost every scenario this summer, so it’s either really positive or really fucking worrying that we haven’t heard anything about other targets yet?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jorginho incoming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Aulas on top form, I see!

I mean, sure, there’s always a chance a deal will collapse whenever we’re involved, but it won’t be because we’ve missed some deadline that Aulas has set - if an offer comes in that he likes, he still sells.

Haven’t they already signed Aouar’s replacement? And didn’t he recently say they had to sell two out of Aouar, Depay and the Jeff?
    Classic Aulas, the entertainer, the attention seeker! I think it will still go through, Aulas is just having his moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I remember a couple of months ago Arteta was talking about having plans, and backup plans, and backup-backup plans for almost every scenario this summer, so it’s either really positive or really fucking worrying that we haven’t heard anything about other targets yet?!
    Honestly think it will be Jorginho on loan, that worries me and kind of makes me think Arteta doesn’t fully know what he is doing, I dunno...it scares me that we are continually linked to him.

I’ve not given up on Aouar just yet, we are dealing with Aulas, he is known for this and did this when we were buying Laca. Basically Aulas will try and milk you for every little bit he can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Yep our squad is in really poor shape, we have a lot of garbage in it, players on huge wages who nobody wants to touch, we literally can’t give these players away.

Meanwhile Liverpool sell an a academy graduate who has never played in PL for 23 million.

Its going to take us a while to get out of this horrible mess.
    Homegrown players will always sell (Walcott, Ox, Iwobi, etc, plus we had plenty of interest in AMN and Holding this summer) - it’s the NHGs that are the problem. When they’re on big wages they’re almost impossible to shift.

Thankfully, this should be the last year we have to put up with it - 90% of the problem players are out the door next summer whether they like it or not.

I’m sure I also read somewhere that the EPL are deferring this year’s rules on balancing accounts until next summer because of COVID, so that might give us some leeway to overspend this year knowing that a number of players will definitely be gone next summer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly, according to greatest rumours we are some way off their asking price though. And with no significant sales looking likely it's not promising.

The weird thing about the Jorginho rumour is that is nothing like Partey or Aouar. Just a right footed Xhaka. No thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Honestly think it will be Jorginho on loan, that worries me and kind of makes me think Arteta doesn’t fully know what he is doing, I dunno...it scares me that we are continually linked to him.

I’ve not given up on Aouar just yet, we are dealing with Aulas, he is known for this and did this when we were buying Laca. Basically Aulas will try and milk you for every little bit he can.
    I just don’t get that Jorginho link at all. Our primary midfield targets (Aouar and Partey) have been absolutely spot on, so how can Jorginho possibly be the backup option? He’s not even close to being a similar player to either of those two, so it would represent a complete and total change of whatever plan we had for this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Possibly, according to greatest rumours we are some way off their asking price though. And with no significant sales looking likely it's not promising.

The weird thing about the Jorginho rumour is that is nothing like Partey or Aouar. Just a right footed Xhaka. No thanks.
    Yeah, exactly! I just don’t get it - It doesn’t make sense.