Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welbz, Wilshere, Walcott - all moving down and out - we were so good at spotting long-lasting talent...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Welbz, Wilshere, Walcott - all moving down and out - we were so good at spotting long-lasting talent...
    Probably a bit harsh that. I mean Theo did score over 100 goals for us, which is not an easy achievement.

Welbeck was never really signed as a “talent” but more as a decent backup striker and to be fair, he was ok at the role and unlucky with injuries.

Wilshere is just pain old bad luck, there was a very talented player there who has had his career ruined by injuries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Probably a bit harsh that. I mean Theo did score over 100 goals for us, which is not an easy achievement.

Welbeck was never really signed as a “talent” but more as a decent backup striker and to be fair, he was ok at the role and unlucky with injuries.

Wilshere is just pain old bad luck, there was a very talented player there who has had his career ruined by injuries.
    oh shut up and let me be cynical will ya...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walcott was frustrating. He wasn't a duffer but never quite became the player we all hoped he would.
    Agree about Wilshere and Welbeck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When he wasn’t in the treatment room, Theo’s numbers weren’t actually that bad for us at all. Compare that now to what we’ve been getting from our forwards apart from Auba since.

He was never world class though and wasted his best years with us when he was never Wenger’s preferred choice. Career totally passed him by.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 06-10-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's true about Theo up to a point, i never thought he delivered much - even the 100 goals were over a long period of time - but compared to the total paucity of goals from anyone other than Auba - until recently anyway - he was actually good in comparison

I liked Welbz but he just wasn't anywhere near consistent enough in front of goal

and Wilshere yes obvs he was unfortunate

but in each case these guys were given a lot of time at the club and ultimately none of them fulfilled their perceived potential

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One mans trash is another mans treasure. I actually thought Wilshere & Walcott were pretty decent at times in their career. Both absolute crocks, which was one of the things we excelled in back in those days, we introduced a bunch of crocks to Football. Wilshere, Walcott, Diaby, Ramsey et all never truly reached their potential through mismanagement of their bodies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Lol @ Atletico for being angry at us for paying his release clause without telling them! Pretty sure we gave them nothing but other options all summer long, and it was them who told us to go away and pay the RC if we wanted him.
    Lol! Classic Arsenal though. We always seem to rub up the rival team when it comes to transfers! Whenever we pick up a half decent player off a team who are on our level or above it, drama ensues!

P.S Our online fanbase is really troll-ish though
    Last edited by selassie; 13-10-2020 at 10:55 AM.